“Very good local restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles

Freddie's Restaurante
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Kure Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Very good local restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Very good little restaurant. We went in off season because we had been told the line goes around the block in the summer. Wait staff were very professional and extremely friendly. They are known for their pork chops. My friend had one of the specialties with pples and it was spectacular. My husband had "the special pork chop" and it was good but not something he would order again. Needed some sauce. I had the eggplant parm w hich was very good. All the portions are quite large. The bread us excellent, as was the salad. The salad is served family style. My only complaint is that if you gave 6 people you don't want to be in a booth. It was very tight. The restaurant is very small. I would highly recommend you go.

Visited May 2013

“Don't miss this one”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Screw the recent reviews. If you're in the area, don't miss Freddie's. You can make reservations up until Memorial Day. If you don't have reservations, please don't be in a hurry. Afterwards, they have a great process. Since the joint is so small, they give you an estimate as to when you may be served, and then you go to a local bar and await the phone call, telling you our table is ready. Then the experience begins. They pour you a good drink. Since it is Italian, their wine list is foreign, but reasonable. Their service is OK, but their food is wonderful. Forget the pork chops, which most people find very good. Their seafood appetizers are spicy, but fresh and marvelous. Their family style served salad is very good, but the homemade dressing is so good, you will buy some to take home with you. The veal, rack of lamb and steaks are exceptional, served with your choice of several pastas. Trust me on this one. It's a keeper.

• Visited April 2013
Lake Mary, Florida
“I hate feeling like I was "sheisted"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

We moved to Wilmington, NC a few weeks ago and have found some great restaurants. Several people told us to try Freddy's - a little Italian place that is famous for their pork chops. I thought, well - okay.. a pork chop is not normally something I order when out to dinner but will try it some time. My husband and I went Easter Sunday evening. Cute restaurant... waitress was very nice. We told her we were new in town, she acknowledged that. We decided on the special pork chop of the day at $18 or two for $24. The pork chop was delicious as was the salad prior to the entree being served. The chops are so large that we never touched the 2nd one and took it home with us.
What irritated me and is definitely the reason that we will never return to the restaurant is that there was a $5 split plate charge on the bill and the waitress never told us about it.
She knew we had never been there before, knew we hadn't looked over the menu well (where it is probably noted) as we ordered the special pretty quickly, we ordered the larger plate with 2 chops... I fully understand a split charge but the fact they offer a larger plate with 2 chops, charged $6 more for it and then charged a $5 split charge without mentioning it to us is just dishonest. For a waitress to think she can make a bit more on a tip doing that is ridiculous. We naturally did not tip on the $5 charge... Never to return there as good as the food was.

Carolina Beach, North Carolina
“Best Pork Chops EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Freddie's is must if you're in the area of Carolina Beach or Kure Beach, NC. And even if you're in Wilmington and you don't mind the 1/2 hour drive for an excellent pork chop, it is worth the drive! Atmosphere is intimate, but not to the extent that you can't bring the kids along. Wait staff is attentive, courteous, and personable. Food is excellent! The two pork chop servings are enough to share, or have for leftovers. Not sure many could eat the two chop plate at one sitting! Wine list is very good. There is a small bar area. Great place for locals and where visitors feel welcome too!

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

As a local, I have dined at Freddie's several times. Last night was the worst. The garlic overwhelmed the dishes with a sauce. My pork chop was not done. This had always been our favorite, but will never return.