“Amazing!”
Review of Palm Air Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kure Beach
Palm Air Cottages
Reviewed August 6, 2008

Ea and Anne are the BEST Innkeepers on Kure Beach, as a matter of fact the best on any beach! You feel like a long lost friend the moment you arrive. The grounds are just perfect, not to mention the cottages! There is not ONE indication it is summertime, no doubt their busiest time of year. The cottage
was as clean as if it had not been used EVER!

I have never been so welcomed as I was at Palm Air Cottages.

Stay August 3 - August 5, 2008

Stayed: August 2008
5  Thank BLSNorthCarolina

Reviewed July 19, 2008

Before I made reservations at Palm Air Cottages, I had planned to stay somewhere else. I got on trip advisor and read all the reviews. I quickly changed my mind and made reservations with Ea and Ann. I am so glad I did! Palm Air Cottages is probably the best place I've stayed, ever! Unlike the huge hotels, it’s very small which I love. You don't get treated like a customer, more like a friend. The ladies are so nice and generous. When we arrived we had a bottle of champagne and two glasses waiting in the fridge, along with other goodies on the table. I have never been anywhere else where guests are treated so wonderfully. I wanted to go back again this year, but they were all booked up. I will be back soon though.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
6  Thank KaylaDee
Reviewed July 9, 2008

We just returned from our week long vacation at Palm Air Cottages. This was our 3rd time staying with them. We stayed in Cottage #7 also known as the "tree house". First and foremost we have stayed at several different hotels and condos in the area over the past five years and Palm Air is by far the cleanest and best place to stay! The "Inn Keepers" Anne and Ea are wonderful. From the time you make your reservation until you check out they make you feel like family. The cottages are decorated and furnished with great detail. You are sure to find a "goody" waiting for you when you arrive; whether it's bottled water, french vanilla coffee creamer, or Hershey kisses it is just enough to make you feel like they are catering to you. They provide pool towels along with bath towels. The bath towels are thick and soft; better than I have at home! The price is very reasonable. The location is GREAT!! They are located accross the street from the beach. From our porch we could see the ocean and the Kure Beach Fishing Pier. You are just a very short walk from the pier and restaurants. There were days that we didn't move our car; we walked to the pier to fish during the day and walked to restaurants for breakfast and dinner. I will never stay anywhere else other than Palm Air. They also have two condos that are ocean front in Carolina Beach and I've stayed in one of those as well. It was just like the others; perfectly clean!! To sum it up you will not be disappointed in Palm Air Cottages!! The Inn Keepers make the difference here. They pay attention to the smallest details and make you feel at home and I promise that there is not a cleaner, nicer place on all of Pleasure Island.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
5  Thank mldilley
Reviewed July 1, 2008

We stayed for a week in cottage six with three adults and two children. We had so much fun, and the owner was extremely nice and helpful. The location is perfect. The beach is across the street and the pier is very close, too. My only minor complaint is the size of the living room (which is actually in the kitchen). There is only a love seat, so only two people can lounge at the same time. Anyone else would have to sit at the kitchen table (which is under the TV, so no view available). The large screened porch provided lounge space for all of us, though, so it was fine. Overall, I would recommend this as the perfect place for families. It was a great value for the money we spent.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank txtx
Reviewed March 4, 2008

Palm Air Cottages is a true gem among beach accomodations. The location was excellent, the prices are very reasonable, and the cottages are extremely well equipped and spotless. But the most astonishing factor were the innkeepers Anne and Ea. They were more than hospitable and truly went the extra mile in making us feel at home. Even meeting Anne for the first time was like visiting an old friend, for the warm welcome and the terrific interactions we had while making arrangements. I highly recommend Palm Air Cottages, you won't regret it!

Stayed: March 2008
6  Thank tljoseph
Reviewed January 7, 2008

Everything all the prior reviewers said is true. This is a lovingly maintained mid-century gem of a spot in a unique beach community. The cottages are immaculate and the location's great. The grounds feature palm trees and lots of whimsical surprises (look around!) Anne and Ea have a light touch, yet they have infused the place with their wonderful personalities. If you like clean, quiet, and FUN, Palm Air Cottages is the spot.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Larry R
Reviewed December 12, 2007

Anne and Ea are wonderful innkeepers. We stayed in one of their condos this spring and it was a wonderful experience. We wanted to stay again in August but were looking to save some money, so we chose to stay in a cottage instead. When my husband, 2-year-old and 8-month old, showed up, the temperatures were at record highs and there was no wind and, of course, it was very humid. The little air conditioner in the window was no match for these conditions, and with two tiny ones, we were uncomfortable. Although we really like Anne and had gotten to know her on a limited basis, we decided to complain about the heat after spending one sleepless night trying to stay cool by sleeping separately. She seemed genuinely sad that we were uncomfortable. She called a repairman to inspect the AC. Everyone determined that it was just the strength of the summer sun and the humidity, so she installed a second air conditioning unit that day. She was very kind about it. She is always happy to visit or help out in any way possible or leave you alone if you prefer. Their rooms and the pool are spotless. The garbage cans are absolutely clean. Under the sink, you will not find dust or dirt of any kind. The bathrooms are immaculate. The cottages are old. They are not luxury. They are wonderful. Anne moved furniture the day she installed an additional AC unit, and there was no dust under the bed or behind the dresser--very, very clean!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank NCmama
#13 of 19 in Carolina Beach
Darlings By The Sea
Darlings By The Sea
#1 of 5 in Kure Beach

Been to Palm Air Cottages? Share your experiences!