“An awesome family place to stay in NC”
Review of Palm Air Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kure Beach
Palm Air Cottages
Derwood, Maryland
“An awesome family place to stay in NC”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This is the 3rd year my family and I stay at Palm Air Cottages. The service, friendly owners/staff always make the stay more comfortable that makes it hard when it is time to leave. I love the space and full kitchen which always help us save money. They provide us with a nice grill where we can cookout everytime we need to right outside the pool area. The pool is big enough to have a nice swim, a fun time playing games and at the same time a great place to relax by the pool and read and/or sleep. I personally find this place to be an awesome place when away from home and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to be in a great place, Any information I have needed about the area, restaurants, mechanic, etc. has been rapidly provided by the owners who have extensive knowledge of the area.
Can't wait for my next visit to Kure beach.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Patino123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
VA
Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

We rented Ocean Dunes #2205 for a weekend soccer tourney at Kure Beach. We thought that having two TVs was more important than an ocean view so we choose second row. The location was only 10 mins from soccer fields so this was great. We were also close to restaurants, shopping, and only one row away from the beach. We found the accommodations to aged and very dusty. The look from a distance was pretty classy and nice but once we were actually in the condo you could easily tell that cleaning was done to the bare minimum. The place had a stale odor and was quite dusty. The funiture was aged. The carpet and appliances were new in appearance. I worked with Anne when I made my reservation and she couldn't have been more pleasant so it was a little disappointing to have paid almost $500 for two nights during off season and not be overjoyed with the condo. The recreation center was much like the condo, aged and musty. This was my first visit, but please know that very little is furnished. You need your own bed linens, bath towels and wash clothes. They furnish some dishes, blankets, and pillows. If you plan to wash clothes or dishes, bring detergent. The bright side is that while we adults were disappointed, the kids loved it and had a grand time.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank 4Familytraveler
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed June 1, 2012

My husband and I have been coming to Palm Air Cottages for 4yrs now and we absolutely LOVE it. Anne and Ruth go above and beyond to make us feel like FAMILY instead of just "guest". I have watched them do that with EVERY visitor to their properties. They are EXTREMELY family and pet friendly and the cottages are SUPER clean and cozy! We always feel like we are at our home away from home when we stay there. And no matter our budget, they have ALWAYS had something to accomodate us (and we are a family of 6) For the BEST place to stay ANYWHERE on the beach and for the MOST AMAZING hospitality I have EVER seen, call Palm Air Cottages. I promise you won't be disappointed. (I would've given them 10 stars but it only went up to 5)
Regina Chamberlain

Room Tip: Anywhere you stay with Palm Air Realty is a good place to stay. Just let them know your needs and th...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Gina C
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I've never been to Kure Beach and a friend suggested Palm Air as THE place to book a rental. We stayed in the Pier View cottages and loved it! Everything is walking distance, but we still got to enjoy the peace and quiet we needed on our vacation! The screened in porch was ideal for morning coffee. We'll be back in a Palm Air rental in just 3 short weeks and can't wait!!

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Jaydeebee12
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 26, 2012

My stay with Palm Air Cottages was nothing but superb. The staff was very freindly, and went out of their way to make me and my family's vacation non;stressful and great. The cottage was so cozy and had alot of little extra comodities, and touches that the normal rentals don't offer. Not to mention the cleanest place we have stayed in in a long time. Very well maintained. Overall I would definately refer my freinds and family to stay there, and we will be returning .as soon as we can!!!!!!!!!! Thanks again Palm Air, the Clayron family

Room Tip: The cottages are great
3 Thank Michelle C
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed May 25, 2012

"Thank You" Anne and Ea, Ann helped us to find the right property for our needs and made sure
our vacation was our dream come true. I would reccomend and encourage anyone wishing for a positive beach experience to book with Palm Air Realty. We will be back and appreciate the personal attention we received. Also loved the view of dolphins and surfers out of the bay window. Again Anne, Thanks for your guidance and interest.

Room Tip: Just talk to Ann, and let her know what your really hoping for. She helped us.
3 Thank Dana J
Shelby, North Carolina
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Palm Air Realty -Pearl by the Sea- Carolina Beach, NC
Do NOT rent from Palm Air Realty.Property Probelsm can be remedied, but character problems cannot. We recently rented the titled property in Carolina Beach from Palm Air realty. Although the condo was clean and well equipped, there was a major WATER problem with the property.It was impossible to take a shower or brush your teeth because of the NOXIOUS STENCH coming from the water. When we called to report this problem, Ann was atrociously tyrannical. She made excuses and was nothing short of being an aggressive BULLY. She stomped into the property, raised her voice at us, was argumentative, and was only concerned with passing this UNINHABITABLE property onto the next trusting vulnerable family traveling with children. This was greed and unprofessionalism at the highest level. She obviously failed the class on CUSTOMER SERVICE and doesn't value the power of the consumer.

12 Thank Lori W
realtyPleasureIsland, Owner at Palm Air Cottages, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
This entire issue was resolved. The family called us regarding a bad smell when the shower was turned on. Within an hour a professional plumber arrived and corrected the smell. The family insisted on getting a free weekend even though the problem was resolved in less than two hours time on a busy Saturday morning. The family threatened repeatedly to ruin our professional reputation if we did not give them a full refund for the entire weekend. We offered to get them one day refund and that they would need to check out by noon. The family stated the children were sleeping or eating and the wife continued to demand full refund and threatened our reputation. What is so odd is these are repeat guests. The husband was very pleasant and was willing to take the refund we offered but the wife continued to berate and threatened our company.. at 2 or 3 pm the family still had not left the property. The property manager went to the property to ask the family to leave and give them a check for one day refund. The arrangements made via phone that morning with the husband. was that the family was going to come to the office by noon and return keys and parking permit/receive their refund for one night. By 2/3 pm the family still had not arrived at our office. Therefore the property manager went to the property. There was a staff member present from our office and she documented the scene. The wife began to verbally attack the property manager in the presence of a staff member and created such a threatening environment that the property manager quickly left and contacted not only the police but the Soccer Associate President and a lawyer. The wife continued to threatened the property manager that she had connections and would create a scene and "ruin" our reputation. All I can say is I hope this woman gets the mental health support she needs and that the family is not welcomed back.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kure Beach
#12 of 19 in Carolina Beach
Surfside Lodge Oceanfront
Surfside Lodge Oceanfront
#14 of 19 in Carolina Beach

Been to Palm Air Cottages? Share your experiences!