“above average family beach hotel”
Review of Seven Seas Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kure Beach
Seven Seas Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Kure Beach B&B and Inns
Raleigh nc
“above average family beach hotel”
Reviewed August 15, 2007

I live in Raleigh and needed a midweek end of summer escape for myself and 2 teenage kids. Because they are boy/girl, I was looking for a suite setup or something that would have us all in our own beds. After considerable web surfing, I discovered the Seven Seas Inn had a room available (Unit 11) that had 2 double beds in the main room, and a third double in a side room, plus a full equipped kitchen. It was only after booking that I discovered other reviews on trip advisor, some great, older ones not so great.
We stayed for what turned out to be a relaxing and comfortable 2 nights. The efficiency was large and recently remodeled. The kitchen was fresh and clean, and both kitchen and bath walls had been retiled with nicer 12 inch tiles. The bath vanity was actually a commode cabinet, such as you find at Lowe's, and bath/kitchen had newer brushed nickel fixtures. Bed linens were a perky black/white mini gingham, and the rooms were generally clean and decently appointed (one of the few places I have stayed that had multiple artificial plants-like a full size ficus tree, in the room). I used to live at the beach and know how brutal the environment and trashy guests can be on aging hotels, so overall I think the managers have worked hard to maintain and upgrade these rooms. The pool was fine, clean and not crowded, and there is a no pets policy (no dogs observed in the pool, as reported a few years back). Overall my teens and I were favorably impressed; I might have rated this place excellent, except that it is older and shows some signs of wear. I would also have liked to have a little dishwashing soap included to clean the dishes. If you need larger rooms and a quieter family style beach, you may want to consider seven seas at kure beach!

• Liked — larger clean and updated suite style efficiency
  • Disliked — some small signs of age and wear
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Va/Nc Border
Reviewed July 22, 2007

Just spent 4 days at Seven Seas in their 1 bedroom Large Efficiency with my wife and 2 teenage girls. Full kitchen, everything in great working order and newish. This is the nicest place I've found after much searching. The owners care very much about their property and it shows. The property is immaculate, the rooms large and in very nice condition, the pool is tended to at least twice a day that I saw...perfect ph/chlorine etc and spotless. Bridgette and Victor could not have been nicer or more helpful. Can't understand a couple of the previous negative reviews. You can throw a stone and hit 5 restaurants and the 24-hour Pier (ok you'd need a good arm to hit one of the restaurants). Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Stayed July 2007
2 Thank matapeake
Reviewed July 16, 2006

My family of four stayed at the Seven Seas, Kure Beach the week of July 9, 2006. Nice grounds and landscaping. Good 3' pool to play in, and a second pool up to 5' for bigger folks.
The size of the rooms is fine, but we needed to use the pull-out sofa in the front room, and
there was too much furniture - including a large table with 6 chairs - for there to be room to get around when the sofa was open. Had to move one upholstered chair to the other room to have any space at all. Also - the A/C is so far up on the wall, I had to stand in a chair to reach the controls. My husband (who's 6'4) had no trouble however. Pretty kitchen area with all appliances, and nice bathroom. Both spaces have new-looking stone tile and are nice.
This place does need electrical work - be prepared to turn off tv and lights when running a hair dryer, because we lost everything when I tried to dry my hair. ALSO- please note that the only two rooms truly oceanfront are #1 and #15. I booked an "oceanfront" and got #3,
which only overlooks a birdbath-type fountain under some stairs and the fence surrounding
the pool. I felt like it was probably useless to complain, lose the reservation and have nowhere
to move our family to. And be prepared for housekeeping to knock loudly and yell "housekeeping" at 9:30 in the morning. Also, I don't think our floors were cleaned once in the 6 days we were there (YUK) Be prepared to keep towels on the bathroom floor(slick when wet !) and note that the floor is about 2" taller in the bathroom than the bedroom - my daughter fell over the high lip because of the difference.

• Stayed July 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 14, 2006

Our stay at Seven Sea 's was WONDERFUL--- Its a great location and very clean. The staff was so nice. They would go out of their way for you. So dont believe the bad reviews because they are NOT true. My family stayed for nine days and we will be going back next year.

• Stayed July 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 18, 2006

Seven Seas is a terrific place to stay, I don't know what's up with all of these reviews from others but we stayed there for many years and the owner knew us by name when we got out of the car. Greeted us and put us in our rooms immediately. They were always helpful and very friendly. Thanks for all the wonderful memories over the years.

From:The Reece's from Elkin

• Stayed June 2003
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 28, 2006

After reading other comments, we started to cancel our reservations at the Seven Seas. Fortunately, we didn't. Our stay there was great! Friendly service with nice accomindations suitable for any family with young children (speaking from experience). So, don't believe everything that you read because you may miss out on something great like we almost did!

• Stayed May 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 7, 2006

I read these comments last week before we made our trip this past weekend to the beach. I saw the one about them having dogs and letting them swim in the pool (EWWWW, I agree) HOWEVER I thought that since they had dogs that our pets(less than 5 Lb dog) would be accepted. We arrived May 5th @ 8:00pm and just as the other guests have commented TROUBLE began. We checked in and YES their "ankle biters" were barking at our entrance. We got unpacked and headed to the beach with our dog and SHE (rude and unprofessional manager or whatever she was) came running out screaming about the dog not being allowed. Now......I was surprised that she was yelling with customers in parking lot and I even told her that I had a van that I would sleep with the pet til tomorrow and we could find another place (b/c it was so late) SHE just kept on and on about lying...YOU could not get a word in.. So we just said well whatever we will check out! After we got our belongings we went to the office to get our money and she was apologetic for us having to leave telling us that they love pets and were sorry that we were leaving but we needed to understand her reasoning for being irrate> She then goes on to tell us that it is b/c all the other prior guests that have lied and brought big dogs and left them in the room to destroy it.. ALSO although this was our major problem there were other problems. The pics on website are not new. This place is older. The seal on our toilet was broken and therefore when you flushed it, it would run and run and run. The rooms were smelly and the comforters on beds were dirty. Go somewhere else. We wanted to stay near the pier so if you are going to fish I suggest going to North end pier and staying at Drifters reef or At the Beach. They are pet friendly and we paid $25.00 less for a 2 bedroom with a full kitchen. Good Luck and steer clear of Seven Seas Inn!

• Stayed May 2006

#4 of 19 in Carolina Beach
Moran Motel
Moran Motel
#4 of 6 in Kure Beach

Been to Seven Seas Inn? Share your experiences!