“Pros & Cons”
Review of Seven Seas Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kure Beach
Seven Seas Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Kure Beach B&B and Inns
“Pros & Cons”
Reviewed July 16, 2006

My family of four stayed at the Seven Seas, Kure Beach the week of July 9, 2006. Nice grounds and landscaping. Good 3' pool to play in, and a second pool up to 5' for bigger folks.
The size of the rooms is fine, but we needed to use the pull-out sofa in the front room, and
there was too much furniture - including a large table with 6 chairs - for there to be room to get around when the sofa was open. Had to move one upholstered chair to the other room to have any space at all. Also - the A/C is so far up on the wall, I had to stand in a chair to reach the controls. My husband (who's 6'4) had no trouble however. Pretty kitchen area with all appliances, and nice bathroom. Both spaces have new-looking stone tile and are nice.
This place does need electrical work - be prepared to turn off tv and lights when running a hair dryer, because we lost everything when I tried to dry my hair. ALSO- please note that the only two rooms truly oceanfront are #1 and #15. I booked an "oceanfront" and got #3,
which only overlooks a birdbath-type fountain under some stairs and the fence surrounding
the pool. I felt like it was probably useless to complain, lose the reservation and have nowhere
to move our family to. And be prepared for housekeeping to knock loudly and yell "housekeeping" at 9:30 in the morning. Also, I don't think our floors were cleaned once in the 6 days we were there (YUK) Be prepared to keep towels on the bathroom floor(slick when wet !) and note that the floor is about 2" taller in the bathroom than the bedroom - my daughter fell over the high lip because of the difference.

• Stayed July 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed July 14, 2006

Our stay at Seven Sea 's was WONDERFUL--- Its a great location and very clean. The staff was so nice. They would go out of their way for you. So dont believe the bad reviews because they are NOT true. My family stayed for nine days and we will be going back next year.

• Stayed July 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 18, 2006

Seven Seas is a terrific place to stay, I don't know what's up with all of these reviews from others but we stayed there for many years and the owner knew us by name when we got out of the car. Greeted us and put us in our rooms immediately. They were always helpful and very friendly. Thanks for all the wonderful memories over the years.

From:The Reece's from Elkin

• Stayed June 2003
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 28, 2006

After reading other comments, we started to cancel our reservations at the Seven Seas. Fortunately, we didn't. Our stay there was great! Friendly service with nice accomindations suitable for any family with young children (speaking from experience). So, don't believe everything that you read because you may miss out on something great like we almost did!

• Stayed May 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 7, 2006

I read these comments last week before we made our trip this past weekend to the beach. I saw the one about them having dogs and letting them swim in the pool (EWWWW, I agree) HOWEVER I thought that since they had dogs that our pets(less than 5 Lb dog) would be accepted. We arrived May 5th @ 8:00pm and just as the other guests have commented TROUBLE began. We checked in and YES their "ankle biters" were barking at our entrance. We got unpacked and headed to the beach with our dog and SHE (rude and unprofessional manager or whatever she was) came running out screaming about the dog not being allowed. Now......I was surprised that she was yelling with customers in parking lot and I even told her that I had a van that I would sleep with the pet til tomorrow and we could find another place (b/c it was so late) SHE just kept on and on about lying...YOU could not get a word in.. So we just said well whatever we will check out! After we got our belongings we went to the office to get our money and she was apologetic for us having to leave telling us that they love pets and were sorry that we were leaving but we needed to understand her reasoning for being irrate> She then goes on to tell us that it is b/c all the other prior guests that have lied and brought big dogs and left them in the room to destroy it.. ALSO although this was our major problem there were other problems. The pics on website are not new. This place is older. The seal on our toilet was broken and therefore when you flushed it, it would run and run and run. The rooms were smelly and the comforters on beds were dirty. Go somewhere else. We wanted to stay near the pier so if you are going to fish I suggest going to North end pier and staying at Drifters reef or At the Beach. They are pet friendly and we paid $25.00 less for a 2 bedroom with a full kitchen. Good Luck and steer clear of Seven Seas Inn!

• Stayed May 2006
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Kure Beach hotels

Reviewed April 27, 2006

Me and Two of my friends stayed at Seven seas for spring break. The location was the only thing good about our stay. We had no privacy!!! We brought two of our guy friends that were staying near by over one day. they were going to help us talk all of our groceries and bags into our room when all of the sudden one of the guys that worked there came out to the parking lot and was giving us the third degree about our firends. He said that they weren't allowed over there. We said that we were just going to the beach and they were helping us carry up some food and stuff. He wouldn't let them go up to the room to help us!! Me and my two friends, all of us girls, also had problems with sexually offending and inappropriate remarks and actions by one of the staff there. Not Recommended To Anyone Seeking Enjoyment!!!

• Stayed April 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 7, 2005

I stayed at the Seven Seas Inn early August 2005. I will never never go back. This was my first trip to Kure Beach & I love the beach, but that motel room was just awful! It was so tiny that you couldn't hardly turn around & the whole floor was nothing but cold hard tile. No rugs, no carpet nothing! Just imagine walking in there from the pool with wet feet...be prepared to hold onto a wall so you won't slip. There was mold on all the basebords, dust an inch thick on the ceiling fan, dirt in the "fresh" bed sheets, mold on the shower curtain, 2 bath towels............you're getting the picture. I asked around with some of the other guests & they reported the same problems. Also, they have 2 small yappy dogs who tried to nip at our ankles every time we went to the front office & they also let their dogs swim in the pool! I took pictures of this event, in case someone came up sick! That is just nasty! I don't recommend this to anyone, unless everything else is booked. Try the Marriot or the Golden Sands, both just minutes up the road & looked much nicer.

• Stayed August 2005
#12 of 19 in Carolina Beach
Surfside Lodge Oceanfront
Surfside Lodge Oceanfront
#14 of 19 in Carolina Beach

Been to Seven Seas Inn? Share your experiences!