“Please bring your bug spray!”
Review of Seven Seas Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kure Beach
Seven Seas Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Kure Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I am one not to complain, but I just had to write a review of this place. My husband and I stayed at the Seven Seas for a brief vaca, but it was less than great! Please make sure you bring your bug spray...each and every day and night of our stay we had to fumigate the room for roaches. I thought since the hotel is so close to the beach that water bugs might be the problem, but that was not the case. These bugs seems to be everywhere, on the bed, behind the bed frame, on the wall, on the table. Yuck! It seems the more we sprayed, more bugs came out! We could not get away from this place fast enough! Be warn...the convenience on the beach would not be enough to drag me back to this place! Pay the extra cash and go somewhere else!

Room Tip: Choose a room in the front on the lower level to escape the bug problem!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Renee E

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We enjoy staying at Seven Seas -- it is clean, in the center of convenient activities and great beach views. We can walk to various restaurants, walk to the pier, and to shops. It is a short drive to the aquarium, camp grounds, and park at the end of the peninsula. We've always had a room with a great view of the ocean and sunrise. The beach is just steps away. My husband does not like to try different places when this one is so convenient.

Room Tip: Ask specifically for what you want.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2013

First impression of the motel was good. Clean room, great view, and quaint. Only problem is that the owner ruined all the good points of the motel. He was racist and disrespectful towards my wife and children. He yelled at my wife for getting a clean towel. His help was nice and tried to help but the owner's ignorance keeps this motel from excelling. I walked into my room with my daughter to use the bathroom, and the owner, Victor, was looking around at things in my room when we walked in.

My family felt violated by the owner.

And there was a snake in our room.

Room Tip: DO NOT stay here if at all possible
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Matt S
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed in the PRIMO room closest to the ocean and loved the balconey/view/sounds of the waves. Admit didn't take advantage of any other amenities, but the property as a whole looked very well maintained. Cleaniness of our room was good, appliances have some years on them but for the price we were satisfied.

Room Tip: Front corner unit top notch views, others equal close location/walk to the beach/pier/shops. Only f...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank saltygem
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Wonderful stay at the Seven Seas Inn, fancy No, Clean yes not spotless, very very comfortable on the Ocean with a nice pool, close to everything. Friendly yes. We had an awesome time, could walk out our door and to da beach in oh 100 steps maybe closer. Clean sheets very comfy beds in a very cool setting some mold issues but it is a very old Motel I am sure it has seen its share of water. But everything a small family could wish for.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I called at 9:30 pm and asked the lady for a room for the weekend, she said she reserved me one and to call back in the morning to get my room number. She asked when we were planning on arriving and I had to ask my husband to give her an estimate (2 seconds). She took down my phone number and said goodnight.
Calling back the next morning, a man answered:
I told him I had reserved a room and needed to finalize the reservation process. He asked me who I reserved with, I did not remember her name, I told him when I called and that it was a lady, he held the phone away and yelled into the room: “Who the [--] took a reservation from some girl last night??” the stated to me “You know this is really not a good time, I got like5 ppl in front of me”
I was at work, so I asked him to please let me finalize it real quick so I can get back to work.
He yelled again, same wording and manner, then got back with a “Are you the girl that called my wife last night and was going back and forth with a guy? You don’t have a reservation, we don’t have your creditcard number so you’re not in the book. Stop lying and I can help you”
WTF???? Needless to say, I told him that in that case I do not want to give him my money!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Jana B
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed here 2 times before 2009 & 2010 .. we thought it was alright at first but in 2010 when we had more people stay at the hotel (different rooms) .. they found everything possible with the room. We all come up with the conclusion that it's because were hispanic. We are all CLEAN people. They try to get you for your money is all they do! We found it strange that our stuff would always be moved when we were down at the beach and they would always have the doors open... I personally would never go there again not much bad stuff happened to us those two years but when we found a new hotel we found how horrible that hotel was. We compared the the two hotels. I don't recommend that anyone stays there. We now stay at South Winds :) so much happier there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: South Winds Motel :)
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
#13 of 19 in Carolina Beach
Darlings By The Sea
Darlings By The Sea
#1 of 5 in Kure Beach

Been to Seven Seas Inn? Share your experiences!