“Wishing I was back...”
Review of Kure Keys Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kure Beach
Kure Keys Motel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Kure Beach
Clemmons
“Wishing I was back...”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I started going to the Kure Keys Motel last year and went several times. I have gone several times this year and still going a couple more. It is a small motel, very clean and the hot tub and pool are great! It is so relaxing sitting on the porch overlooking the beach, on the porch in front of your rooms, or in the pool area. If you are looking for a great escape, this is the place!

The rooms are very clean and David and Mark make you feel welcome and glad you are there. The grounds are well kept as well.

Overall, a great experience every time I have gone and never been disappointed!

Wish I was there now.....

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
KureKeys, Owner at Kure Keys Motel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
:-) Word has it that the fish now start to tremble when you come onto the island with your boat!!!
We *always* look forward to your frequent visits, sir. It is our pleasure!
We may have to just replace the number on "your" room door with your *name*...... ;-)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New Madison, ohio
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel toward the end of July, the description on the web-site was very accurate. I love how close to the ocean it was, very handy. We enjoyed the swimming pool and hot tub each night and found it to be fairly quiet. The a/c was cold and the hotel rooms were clean (not as clean as a 4 star hotel) but I am picky. The bed was comfy and the shower was always hot. If you are looking for a cheaper hotel by the beach it is a good place to stay, just a little out of date.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank KarynSue1978
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We have stayed at several locations in kure and Carolina beach and this was out first trip staying at kure keys. It was awesome from start to finish! The owner is amazing and so accommodating! He helped us at all times and was so friendly! The night time clerk in the office is great too as well as the cleaning ladies! Couldn't ask for nicer people! Kure keys is at a prime location just a few steps from the beach and the pier! It was quiet clean and fun! We never had any problems with our room and the cleaning lady was awesome! The beds were comfy the rooms were cool and the pool and hot tub were both awesome and an added bonus for a hotel with this reasonable price range at peak season!! This place is kept exceptionally clean and the staff is very on top of things! We are so looking forward to coming back for many more summer memories. Highly recommend! For those on hear saying things about smoking being allowed all over the hotel... We never had a problem with it and even though we did see several guests smoking outside this hotel is kept so clean I never even seen the ash trays dirty!!! This is a lovely place to stay in kure beach and you are guaranteed a great stay if you stay at kure keys!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We just visited last week and were reminded how much we love the motel and staff. Always clean and kind. Not fancy but smaller and predictable which we love. We enjoy the efficiency where we can eat most meals in and yet have easy access to restaurants, Carolina Beach or bigger yet-Wilmington. We also enjoy the proximity to the beach, Kure pier, restaurants and neighborhood. There is plenty to get to without driving if you don't want to. Kure Beach is quiet, friendly, safe, low key relaxation that we really, really value. It is the way beaches used to be before the concrete crowds came. The rooms, pool and jacuzzi are always clean. I always treasure the time there with my family. David and Mark go out of there way to meet any need. Die hard fans! Thanks again.

Room Tip: I think the efficiency rooms make it a great value. And I always meet nice people from all over that...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Sissydill
Dobson, NC
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Love Love Love this motel. It is small so you know about how many people will be staying there. If you have small kids, then you know how many people will be in the pool. The rooms are clean and that should be all that matters when you are at the beach. We have been staying here for about 17 years and would not think of staying anywhere else!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank kthomas14
KureKeys, Owner at Kure Keys Motel, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
"17 years"......How is it that *I* look at *least* 17 years older, while YOU look the same as your first visit???? Must be the hurricanes that came callin' ;-) It always makes me smile when y'all pull into the parking lot. It's always a pleasure!

David Tripp
Salisbury, NC
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband & I came down for a weekend to attend a wedding. My first interaction was w/Mark, the night mgr. He was extremely friendly & helpful. We arrived late on a Fri & had reserved room 13 - it was on the second floor at the deck that faces the beach. The first impressions of the motel was that it appeared to be well taken care of. There are 2 Adirondack chairs outside ea. room with a little table. When we walked in, the smell of a clean room hit my nostrils. We had the mid range room with a small fridg & microwave & 2 dbl beds. There was a small open closet in the corner for placing our belongings. Plenty of space in the room. The room was older in decor but I love this place - u can visibly see how much care goes into cleaning the room & the property. We love helping private local business owners when we can & we were so pleased! There is a full size fridg beside the ice machine to keep fish & bait. There is also a nice fish cleaning sink on the outskirts of the property. Very close to Kure Beach pier & the new park at the pier. Food & local bar & shops all within a very easy stroll from the motel. Our beds were extremely comfortable, the room immaculate, the customer service from Mark & owner, David, impeccable, & the entire feel of the motel inviting. Will we come back? You better believe it!

ONLY suggestion is that the decor needs a little update. But hey, how much time do u really spend looking at the room's wallpaper when u are at one of the most wonderful beaches?!

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank JillyBean3871
KureKeys, Owner at Kure Keys Motel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. I have shared them with my staff, so we're "all smiles", here at the Kure Keys Motel :-) I had to grin at your comment about the beds; Those were among the ones that I replaced, last year, when MissIzzy brought concern to my attention in the "Sorry Folks" review, below. Glad you liked them, and hope to have you enjoying them again, soon!
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My family and I have been vacationing with Kure Keys since Fall 2009. Dave Tripp and his staff does an exceptional job to make sure our stay is fun and meets our expectations.

I personally enjoy being 2 blocks down from the Kure Beach Fishing Pier, being in the main part of town, and supporting a local business that places extra emphasis on customer service. If you have a chance, check out the Kure Beach Park; it has a nice walking path thru woods.

That extra emphasis in customer service translates into Dave Tripp knows which room I like to stay in each time and eliminating any smoking odors in the room. It is hard to find that type of service from a national chain. Customer service is not always the latest bells and whistles (HDTV TVs, business centers, etc.); it is the way the staff treats the customer, especially repeat customers.

Room Tip: My tip - Let Dave Tripp know what you need and he will do his best to meet it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
#4 of 6 in Kure Beach
Drydock Motel
Drydock Motel
#11 of 19 in Carolina Beach

Been to Kure Keys Motel? Share your experiences!