“New Favorite at Kure”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kure Beach
Hidden Treasure Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Kure Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed at Hidden Treasure recently and feel like we've found our new "spot" at Kure beach.
It is a block off the main drag and quiet. Probably not the type of place for those seeking a party atmosphere, but it was perfect for our family. The fenced grassy yard and pool were a nice break from the beach. We stayed in the Gull room, and while not fancy, it was clean and homey. Walking distance to the pier and surrounding restaurants. Love the common outdoor seating areas. My only two small complaints are that the window AC unit in the Gull bedroom is noisy (rattles) and that the wireless signal is weak. Other than that, I wouldn't change a thing.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Suzy7512
hdntrsr, Manager at Hidden Treasure Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Even small complaints should be addressed. There are 2 brand new A/C units in the Gull unit. I also upgraded the wireless modem, hoping it would be an improvement. I have it located as close to the garage window as I possibly can. I will see what I can do to further improve both of these situations and a few others that I have noticed during the off season months. Thank you for your review.- Nancy

Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at both locations one time during a triathlon race and the second time for my bachelorette party. I couldn't have been more happy with my stay both times and we are planning to return this year.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Kristen_Roland
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was lucky enough to find Hidden Treasure Inn several years ago and even luckier to return on several occasions! This is a wonderful place for a vacation! It is extremely clean and very relaxing. It is convenient to the pier, lots of restaurants, the NC Aquarium and Fort Fisher. You can also take the ferry over to Southport for a day of shopping and dining. The best thing about Hidden Treasure Inn is the lady who takes care of everything, Nancy! She is amazing. I have always felt at home and always hated to leave when the time came! Give it a try! You will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jerridee2013
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed at Hidden Treasure Inn (Pelican room) weekend of 10/19-21st. What a delight. Clean with a capital C. Convenient to pier, resturants, NC Aquarium at Ft Fisher. Nancy was a delightful hostess (doesn't have the "feel" of a motel). Only negative was the fish weren't biting! The name Hidden Treasure very aptly describes this gem. Can't wait to get back again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 4babiesgrammy
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We' e had a very nice stay at the Hidden Treasure Inn! It is spotlessly clean and comfortably decorated. The swimming pool is clean and lovely. We were concerned about not being right on the beach, but we have enjoyed the walk and the quiet. We stayed in the largest unit with another couple, and let them have the master bedroom. Our bedroom has a double bed sized bunk bed. There is no closet and you can barely walk around the bed. The mattresses are VERY hard and the ladder is too small for an adult to climb. I would recommend this unit for a family with smallish children in the second bedroom. We would come back, but we'd choose a different unit and stay by ourselves!!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank annabellesunshine
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Hidden Treasure is an awesome place to stay. My husband and I just wanted to stay for 2 nights in the Carolina beach area, for my 36th birthday, and It was impossible to find because it was the fourth of July weekend, and everybody was either booked or had a 3 night min stay. Well I called Ms Nancy at Hidden Treasure, and without any hestitation she took our reservation for 2nights!!! It was so nice!! She is such a special lady. We stayed in the Gull, and one night in the Erget, which was our favorite.Nice bed and I even relaxed in the hammock. Words can't explain how comfortable she made us feel, and welcomed. The beach is only 4 blocks away walking distance. We had a ball!! My husband even grilled steaks, and potatoes (Ms Nancy's idea) on the gas grill.

Room Tip: Egret had a nice King size bed, and the Gull had everything you could possible need
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank omekia b
Reviewed November 3, 2011

This place is truly a hidden treasure and you will feel like you won the lottery when you discover it. We wanted a safe, clean, affordable, quiet, child-friendly, walkable to the beach location to spend a week with family and this is exactly what we got.

Nancy was friendly and helpful in every way. We stayed in #4 which has two bedrooms and one large bath. It was very clean, spacious and the kids loved the bunkbeds, but tall folks need to watch their heads! The kitchen is small but well-equipped and there's counter seating as well as a large table.

The pool was very clean and big enough for many guests to enjoy without feeling you are invading someone's vacation. The large yard was wonderful for the kids to play in a safe, contained area while you sit on the porch rocking chairs or in the hammock. It was very hot but the shady trees kept everything relatively cool and provided privacy from neighbors.

The 3-5 minute walk down to the pier and beach access was very easy for the kids and older adult with knee replacements. The outside shower at the pool made it easy for washing off from the beach so that you didn't track sand into your living space.

We really enjoyed our stay and if we didn't live 3000 miles away, we'd be back every summer.

Room Tip: The website gives a good description of each room and if you want extra space, choose #4.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
#4 of 6 in Kure Beach
Drydock Motel
Drydock Motel
#12 of 19 in Carolina Beach

Been to Hidden Treasure Inn? Share your experiences!