“it ain't the Old Pier House”
Review of Kure Beach Diner

Kure Beach Diner
Ranked #3 of 8 Restaurants in Kure Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Kure Beach Diner was established in January 2012. Owned by Beach House Burgers, LLC. We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner daily.
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I'm a long time fan of the Old Pier House. It is under different management, a limited menu, some new things and some old things, but it ain't the same, which is sad. First the good changes. The wait staff seems eager to please. My flounder sandwich was yummy (but the bread disintegrated), and my wife liked the new pistachio creme side order, which to my taste was more like a sweet, jello green desserty thing. And the hushpuppies were still excellent--just not so many of them. But a lot of the food was just bland and blah. Maybe they'll get up to speed and the old crowd will be back soon. I kinda miss the old dumpiness of the old place...

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We vacation frequently at Kure Beach and this is our "go to" restaurant! You can depend on these folks for a really good meal and excellent service every time! We go for lunch several times in a week long stay. My husband dreams of the oyster burger between visits! I always get something different. The hot dogs are great, the Reuben is delicious and my most recent discovery was the crab cake plate. I ordered the small plate and received one huge crab cake - very little filler, just crab! Go there!!!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Very basic diner, but super friendly staff and the food was pretty good. We came here because there was a 1.5 hour wait at Freddie's next door and we didn't want to wait that long. The hush puppies were very tasty!

Reviewed August 1, 2012

If you looking for Breakfast or Dinner and don't forget Lunch Kure Beach Diner is it. Everything I've ordered has been Perfect. The service was great and waitress was so nice and friendly. Check them out.

1  Thank Blane W
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Didn't eat anything there but breakfast, but that was good & the service was top notch. We ate breakfast there twice.