“Last Minute Getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kure Beach
Blue Marlin Beach Lodging
sanford,nc
“Last Minute Getaway”
Reviewed April 12, 2011

My husband and I decided at the last minute to make a trip to Kure beach and the aquarium with our 20 month old. We've always loved Kure beach but hadn't realized how much it had changed in the past several years. (Why do people have to tear down lovely little beach cottages/communities for high rise condo boxes that block out the beach, sun and sky?) How fortunate we were to find the Blue Marlin! This is the Kure beach we know and love! Friendly, genuine owners...a clean, safe 2 bedroom beach cottage (unit #6)...this is what North Carolina's coast is really about! Thank you Gilbert for the hospitality, relaxing weekend, and wonderful memories! We'll be back soon!

Room Tip: room 6 = 1 block from ocean
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank hootie100

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed October 22, 2010

We stayed in unit #3 and it was very nice and peaceful. You could sit on the back deck and hear the ocean. I wish I was there now instead of home writing this review. Gilbert was very nice before, during and after our visit. I had emailed him about our stay and he was very nice and replied right away. We chatted a bit when we visited the store and a nice email after we were back home.
Our unit #3 was top floor with a total of 4 units in the building. We never heard a word out of the others. We slept well in our beds and felt very safe at night. We left the door open a lot so we could hear the ocean.
We cooked two meals while we are there (make sure you open the door and cut on the oven fan, so the fire alarm won't go off... of course it could have been our cooking) anyway the oven and stove worked great.
We did have internet but it was VERY slow connection. But enough for us all to do a little on our laptops. It works best on the back deck which was ok by me.
We had no problems with the carpet.... it's beach carpet folks and of course it's going to be a mess if you allow your kids to spill things on it. But ours wasn't that bad in our unit.
Ocean front with a awesome view!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank oceanwinds
Sertoma
Reviewed September 13, 2010

The carpets were old looking and nasty. The sofas were too scary to sit on. The place says newly renovated? No. Painted I guess. I have a crawling baby and her hands and knees stayed black with dirt inside the ocean front unit we were in. Anytime the kids spilled something the carpet was impossible to clean up properly. The location is excellent. Loved the grassy area between apt and beach. Wish they had laundry facilities in the units. Could put stackables in the furnace closet.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank BaileyJackson
Gilbert A, Owner at Blue Marlin Beach Lodging, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
YES! Back Then, Dirty-Carpet-Build-UP! This spring, 2013 we found the best professional cleaning "team" around with the best professional products! Now that being said, we ask our guest to use care when staying with us. We found that quality carpet is less expensive than vinyl flooring, ceramic tile or heart pine boards. Thank you for all your help in keeping our floors clean. Gilbert Alphin, Blue Marlin Apartments and Beach Shop, Kure Beach, NC
Winston-Salem, NC
Reviewed August 13, 2010

We loved staying here. We stayed it the biggest unit they have, #7. Two bedrooms and a combo room with even more room to sleep. It was great. The only part that I iwsh it had was a poll, because we had small children afraid of the beach. But other thanthat, everything was awesome!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank TracyLynn627
NC
Reviewed April 12, 2010

Been going to this area and stayed at Blue Marlin sporatically since 1997. They really need to get rid of the carpet and the awful plain upholstered furniture that's been there since we started going. They are nice people, but the places really need to be updated. Carpet and sand don't mix. Some units (use to anyway) have carpet in the cooking and dining area. Yuk. Popcorn plaster falling off of ceiling. Yes, they try to keep it clean, it just needs refurbished.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank macygrayson
NW North Carolina
Reviewed April 10, 2010

After searching for a place to stay and feeling like everything else was too expensive or I was unsure of the quality, I found the Blue Marlin online. Then I remembered my daughter's family had stayed there. Feeling better knowing someone had stayed here whose comments I trusted, I called and inquired of the rates and availability. Gilbert (the owner) was so very nice and made me feel at home before I even got there. My girlfriend and I wanted a nice quiet break from routine. Blue Marlin was perfect for us. There are 2 separate bedrooms, a nice large kitchen/dining/living room, and a full bath. This place was exceptionally clean, my bed was VERY comfortable (firm mattress) and the pillows were plump, very good water pressure, easy to operate heating/cooling system, many channels on the TV, and the pros list goes on. I do wish there had been more closet space, but that was the only thing I would change. The place we stayed (duplex #6) was not directly on the beach. We had a view but had to walk about a block and a half to get to the beach access. No problem with that for us. I think they do have property that has direct beach access. The pier is only a short walk (3 blocks). Grocery, restaurant, and shopping within a few minutes drive. Gilbert and Karen are exceptionally great people and will do what it takes to make you happy. I highly recommend Blue Marlin Beach Lodging.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
virginia
Reviewed June 7, 2008

We decided at the last minute to go to Kure Beach NC we've been there twice before and loved it's a GREAT FAMILY BEACH. I found the Blue Marlin Beach Lodging on the Kure Beach web site and looked at their photos of the apartments they have which are great pictures of the inside of what they offer and was really pleased with their prices also , I called them the next morning and they had just what we needed for our family so we reserved apartment 3.On the way there I made the comment what if it's a rat hole cause so many other hotels I looked at on the web sites were dumpy run down looking buildings or were extremely over priced for the appearance of the outside when we seen them as we passed by while there, well was I ever surprised the apartment was immaculate and smelled so clean. I went prepared to have too clean the bathroom but it was spotless and Gilbert and Karen Alphin the owners are extremely nice and so friendly they make you feel so at home you don't want to leave, the apartments are insulated so good that you can't hear anything from the other apartments and the view of the ocean from your living room window is breath- taking, it's also very convenient to the Kure Pier and other stores within walking distance and 2-3 blocks up the street is a 24hr laundry mat which was exceptionally clean with drop off service that was cheap. The only down side is it doesn't have a pool but for the price and cleanliness and piece you get it's worth giving up the pool. So if your interested in a GREAT BEACH VACATION you need to go to Kure Beach NC you will LOVE it and want to go back.

• Liked — cleanliness,price,hospitality
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank samlilman
#4 of 6 in Kure Beach
Surfside Lodge Oceanfront
Surfside Lodge Oceanfront
#14 of 19 in Carolina Beach

Been to Blue Marlin Beach Lodging? Share your experiences!