“Good food, great service, great prices”
Review of Spanky's Grille

Spanky's Grille
Ranked #11 of 68 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Good food, great service, great prices”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

For an affordable meal, big selection, very friendly service, I always stop here. Great nc bbq! The hamburger steak is great too.

SpankysGrille, Owner at Spanky's Grille, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Good food, great service, great prices. You really listed our three priorities. Thanks for the nice comments. -Spanky

Indianapolis, IN
“CHEAP AND FAST”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Spanky's Grille is a cheap, fast food restaurant. You order at the counter, and they deliver the food to your table. Everyone was very friendly, and if you are in a hurry, and don't want to spend a lot of money, this is the place to go. They have different daily specials. Hubby and I both ordered the foot long chili hot dogs for $2. Tasty dogs, but bun was a bit dry. I added coleslaw to my dog, and hubby added sauerkraut. French fries were $1.59 and you got quite a bit for the price. Hot and good! Domestic beers were $2.49. Cheap! Will stop again on our next trip to the Outer Banks, if in a hurry and too tired to cook at the condo!

• Visited October 2013
Thanks for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal. As for the bun or anything that isn't right, just let us know as try 100% of the time, and if we miss the mark, we will correct it 100% of the time.
Columbus, Ohio
“Accidental delight”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We got in town about 7 pm and didn't want to venture far from our condo. Very unique place with unique personalities working there. The food was excellent...especially the catfish sandwich. We will probably go back each time we come to OBX. Warning, they are only open Thurs thru Sat so don't delay your visit.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Columbus_OhioRandy51
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Last year I told my wife...our menu is getting too big, we have to stop adding items (and yes, it's my fault that the menu has gotten so big). We then did a catfish special and it just took off. Guess what, I lied to my wife (not a wise thing to do), but we had to add the catfish to the menu. I absolutely love when a new customer sees a catfish sandwich going past them as they always ask, "What the heck was that." You can't even fit it in a box, both sides stick out. Gotta love it.
kill devil hills, nc
“A non-chain fast food restaurant”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The fare is somewhat limited to mediocre but inexpensive hot dogs, more expensive but much better hot dogs, chopped barbeque sandwiches, French fries...

The service is fast ( hence fast food) which you order standing in a line at the cash register...

Visited May 2013
SpankysGrille, Owner at Spanky's Grille, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
We respect everyone's opinion, but we do want to clarify two things.

(1) We don’t have an expensive and inexpensive hot dog, they are all $0.79. We do have a foot long, which is more expensive, because it’s more expensive to produce.

(2) Limited fare? Our regular menu has over fifty items, and we generally have thirty or more items on the special board.

We strive to please a 100% of our customers and are always saddened by the reality that we can't be all things to all people.

-Spanky
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Food was ok; price very reasonable”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Food was ok. I had cajun catfish with fries and hush puppies on the side. I can't really say anything spectacular about the food or place. Service was ok too.

Overall, this place is for dining on a budget. Don't expect service or be good, or food to rave about.

• Visited October 2013
I absolutely love the book Catcher in the Rye, I love the movie Good Will Hunting, and I still think the original Star Wars movies are far and away the best. Many people disagree with all that I've said. I say this, because I realize that while Spankys is huge on a lot of people's list we will never be everything to all people and as a restaurant owner who takes huge pride in his (and my wife is the same way) and her restaurant it's something that is very difficult, but necessary to accept. My best advice at any restaurant, if you're not happy, politely tell the server what you don't like and then if they make it right...great...and if they don't...they deserve what ever negative review you give them.
P.S. Don't tell DW that you don't like the catfish..he's a regular and gets sensitive if anyone has anything bad to say about it!!!
-Spanky.