Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk
$103
Beachwoods Resort(Kitty Hawk)
$215
  • Pool
Driftin' Sands Motel(Kill Devil Hills)
$129
Beach Haven(Kitty Hawk)
Cypress Moon Inn(Kitty Hawk)
1,720 results
All reviewsocean frontduck donutsfire pitfishing pierouter bankshotel guestsoutdoor poolhotel restaurantrite aidcorner roomoceanfront roompartial ocean viewclean hoteloff seasonhousekeeping staffbeach accessnags head
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I reserved their best room for one night to surprise my girlfriend. I sent them an e-mail in advance making special service requests and all were honored and exceeded. They knew not to spoil any surprises and even congratulated us after our engagement once they saw the ring on her finger.

Beautiful views, architecture, and colors. Outstanding customer service. I will be coming back here for sure and will be recommending it to everyone looking for a romantic or scenic stay in a very special location.

Room Tip: Corner beach-view room with balcony and spa on the top floor - just saying...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We spent one night here and it was fine. It's a pretty generic Hilton, but well located on the beach at Kitty Hawk. The area is not so attractive (to me, anyway), but this is about as good as I saw around there. The service staff were all really nice. We did not dine there or use the pool, etc.

Room Tip: If you care about the view, get a room facing the ocean. We had a side-view room and while you can actually see the ocean if you stand near the window you can't hear it and certainly don't feel like you are right on it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We (2 adults, 3 kids) stayed 4 nights in the Hilton Garden Inn in Kitty Hawk. The location was excellent and convenient. The hotel was well maintained and staffed.

The good:
Room faced the ocean - Great view!
Staff (food area, front desk, maintenance, etc.) were very nice and helpful!
Location was excellent - Very convenient
Indoor pool and outdoor pool were nice after being on the beach.
Breakfast (we bought the package with it included) was very good.

The not as good (nothing was really bad)
Room was a bit cramped for 5, BUT we booked at the last minute and did not have a lot of choice due to that. We always carry a twin air mattress with us since 5 is tough to accommodate. We had to work at it but got it to fit.

The closet mirror doors kept coming off the tracks and the balcony door latch was a bit fickle.

That was it for any negative comments. None of these were an issue in any way but are all I can think of.

I suggest getting the breakfast deal ahead of time as it is much cheaper and for a family of 5 was a great deal.

We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Meal package was a great value
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Renting a house on the Outer Banks ties you to all the other tourists. The management companies force all the visitors to arrive and leave on certain days of the week so you are always stuck in traffic with everyone else. You also have to buy all those household items that a rental house needs, and then throw away the extras after a few days. The entire process can be a huge ordeal.

We saved money and hassle by staying at this Hilton Garden Inn for a few days over the Fourth, and it was perfect. The location is close to the action in KH and an easy drive to Nags Head, KDH, and points further north or south.The room was a perfectly fine Garden Inn with its own pool and beach access. If you just want to enjoy the fun and sun for a few days, this is a great option for the Outer Banks.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ichecked
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton two nights this week. Overall, the hotel was very average. A bit on the plain side for a Hilton. The bed was pretty comfortable and housekeeper did make it in our room to clean up in between nights. I did find it odd that the housekeeper threw away a seashell I had collected from the beach. We had a partial ocean view and it wasn't the best view. The bad part was the noise coming from the air conditioning system and the eye sore you saw as soon as you stepped onto the balcony. I also wish there was some more items on their menu. I was craving some desserts to have delivered to the room but there was only three items (2 of which were cream cheese items, which I don't like). All in all, I would recommend staying here but don't waste your money on an upgraded room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple