“Wonderful location”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Kitty Hawk
Texas
“Wonderful location”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We chose this hotel because we are members of the Hilton Honors rewards program. It seemed a better location for our purposes than the other Hilton Honors option, The Hampton Inn, which is given very high marks by Trip Advisor members. Our stay at this Hilton Garden Inn was a brief one-day stay only. However, in our short stay, we were quite impressed with the location and its pier. Moreover, we were impressed with the size and cleanliness of our room, and the comforts found there which included the washed duvet covers and comfortable pillows and mattress. We were in room 528 which has a direct view across the outdoor amenities towards the opposite wing, but out on the balcony, we could view the pier and the beach. Frankly, our short stay allowed us little time to use hotel amenities, but we did enjoy a stroll on the pier and the beach and our experiences with hotel employees were all quite favorable. Also, the lobby area was a generous size and quite attractive.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Marjous

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
Potsdam, New York
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn - Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk is a fine property, easily accessed from NC 12/US 158; it was well-maintained, staffed by friendly folks both at the registration desk/hospitality and housekeeping. Our room was ready when my wife and I arrived to check in on a sunny but chilly/windy day in early-April 2013. The room was spotless, the amenities fully stocked, and the beds perfectly comfortable. The fitness center was fully equipped with top-of-the-line aerobic gear and free weights/bench and well-maintained. We did not have breakfast at the large in-house restaurant, though the odor of bacon wafting through the place was certainly tempting. The place is a bit pricy, but competitive for the area - a good night stay for a reasonable price even if not a bargain.

Room Tip: Pick a room in the South Tower to have better access to adjacent parking. The access doors in the N...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ohio
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The night we stayed here in late March there was a very windy storm, but our experience with the friendly check-in staff, amazing beachfront room with lots of windows and great view of the beach and pier, and the cozy fireplace in the lobby made us happy. I love a good storm and it was exciting to watch the waves get bigger as they rolled in under the pier. They were remodeling near the elevator bays, but it didn't bother us at all. We also got a rollaway bed and it was delivered to our room in about 10 minutes which is a lot better than other places we stayed. I would stay here again for a day or two in the outer banks and would definitely pay for a beachfront corner room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Thanks to our Hilton reward points we were upgraded to a corner room that was oceanside. It was perfectly lovely and very very clean. The indoor heated pool was hit with the kids although we could smell the chlorine on our hall - it was strong. However, our room was odorless. the head bartender pointed us in a good direction for dinner and then we ate breakfast at the hotel. I do wish breakfast was included with the price of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I'm a Diamond with Hilton so you can trust this review.

I have stayed here 3 times and because It's Kitty Hawk and I'm a Diamond with Hilton I keep subjecting myself to this Hilton.

I'll start with the fact I checked in at 6:00 and went straight to the restaurant as I had not eaten all day. After I listened to the waiter/bartender fuss about how he was the only one working there and scream at the kitchen for his fries I ordered the Mobley Burger cooked medium. The food came very quickly which was great but only for a moment as my first bite the burger was raw only seared on the outside.

I left the food and went to the grocery store to get my dinner and finally get into my hotel room...

When I went to close the latching lock that's attached to the door it feel on the floor so much for added security. (see photo)

Upon Checking in I was offered either a King or 2 double bed room I pick the King. What I didn't pick was the fact that it was a handicapped room which had a small tiny ironing board. They never mentioned it was a handicapped room which is ok with me but when you are ironing your clothes at 6:00 am on the bed and you're 6'2" makes for a crappy start to the day. (see photo)

Also there's some kind of puke splatter and hair in the bathroom (see photo) and a sock was next to the bed and it's not mine (see photo).

What can I tell you? If you stay here don't eat here I would suggest the pizza place to the right of the property and inspect your room!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank TheRealBillBrasky
llbradshaw, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your stay. We will address our team in regards to your review and I assure you that we will make the necessary improvements. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences and we hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Winslow, Maine
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Our ocean front room was spacious and very clean. The bed was very comfortable. The Staff was very friendly and gave excellent restaurant recommendations. It was a good place to stop on our way North.

Room Tip: Worth the extra $$ for an ocean front room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Maine
Reviewed March 21, 2013

If my husband was givng the review... it would be five stars for the location and ocean view.
: -)
A beautiful spot for sure.
I felt that the hotel was "just okay" though.
I would definitely stay here again .. but it was just okay.
I don't mean that with disrespect, but the rugs were very dingy and not clean.
I saw some construction as I walked out of the elevator toward my room ... there was a sign that said, "pardon our dust."
I thought they were changing out the rugs...but, a groundskeeper told me that they were only putting in ceramic tile by the elevator areas...the rugs were staying.
I have a personal thing for rugs and cleanliness in hotels and these were pretty grimy.
Also...I had a nice ocean front room...but, the curtains did not block out the morning light.
Fortunately I was traveling on business, so I had to get up early...if I had been vacationing, I would have been bummed with the sunlight.
In the lobby, there were three spectacular/huge fish tanks. They were pretty impressive, but the lobby smelled of that "fish/fish tank smell" when I checked in.
When I left ... It did not smell.
In all fairness to the establishment, it is hard to maintain such huge tanks without having that smell sometimes. (It's just becasue of the volume.)
The staff were very nice.
I did not use the restaurant or exercise room.
I would have given this review 4 stars if not for the rugs.

Room Tip: ocean front
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
llbradshaw, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry for the condition of our rugs. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future, we would love to have you and your husband return and let us know what you think of our improvements.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kitty Hawk
Hampton Inn & Suites Outer Banks / Corolla
Sea Ranch Resort
Sea Ranch Resort
#1 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanf...
#4 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,163 reviews
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfron...
#6 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,405 reviews
Best Western Ocean Reef Suites
Best Western Ocean Reef Suites
#2 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk? Share your experiences!