Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk
$129
$110
$135
Sea Ranch Resort(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
$207
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
$110
$185
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
$135
Best Western Ocean Reef Suites(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
$154
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,720 results
All reviewsocean frontduck donutsfire pitfishing pierouter bankshotel guestsoutdoor poolhotel restaurantrite aidcorner roomoceanfront roompartial ocean viewclean hoteloff seasonhousekeeping staffbeach accessnags head
Reviewed March 21, 2013

If my husband was givng the review... it would be five stars for the location and ocean view.
: -)
A beautiful spot for sure.
I felt that the hotel was "just okay" though.
I would definitely stay here again .. but it was just okay.
I don't mean that with disrespect, but the rugs were very dingy and not clean.
I saw some construction as I walked out of the elevator toward my room ... there was a sign that said, "pardon our dust."
I thought they were changing out the rugs...but, a groundskeeper told me that they were only putting in ceramic tile by the elevator areas...the rugs were staying.
I have a personal thing for rugs and cleanliness in hotels and these were pretty grimy.
Also...I had a nice ocean front room...but, the curtains did not block out the morning light.
Fortunately I was traveling on business, so I had to get up early...if I had been vacationing, I would have been bummed with the sunlight.
In the lobby, there were three spectacular/huge fish tanks. They were pretty impressive, but the lobby smelled of that "fish/fish tank smell" when I checked in.
When I left ... It did not smell.
In all fairness to the establishment, it is hard to maintain such huge tanks without having that smell sometimes. (It's just becasue of the volume.)
The staff were very nice.
I did not use the restaurant or exercise room.
I would have given this review 4 stars if not for the rugs.

Room Tip: ocean front
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
llbradshaw, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry for the condition of our rugs. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future, we would love to have you and your husband return and let us know what you think of our improvements.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I had a great weekend at the Hilton Garden Inn, Kitty Hawk. The hotel is beautiful inside and out. My room was clean and very comfortable. The staff I met was very friendly and willing to help if you needed anything. The spa and swimming pool were both relaxing and there were clean towels in the pool area. We chose the hotel because it was close to the Wright Brothers Memorial. We had a great time at the memorial but it was nice to come back to such a beautiful hotel at the end of the day. I recommend that you plan a trip to the outer banks and stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Kitty Hawk you will have so much fun.

Room Tip: Everyroom has a view of the ocean even if some rooms only have a partial view of the ocean. Each room has a little porch where you can sit and enjoy the freash air.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Last year in September, we took a much needed vacation. Got into the car and started driving, ending up in several wonderful places. One of which was Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. We by chance spotted the Hilton Garden Inn, and thought, what the heck! So we stopped to see if they had any rooms available. Sure enough, they accommodations us. With the help of a very nice young man, we ended up in a wonderful room on the fourth floor with a balcony overlooking the pool and courtyard. You could look out at the pier and ocean. The staff were great, friendly and helpful. We spent two wonderful days there. Best part, we went back in November and spent a week! They have a fantastic breakfast service and it's well worth the price when you get it to go with your room. They even went out of their way to make me hot chocolate from scratch when the man hadn't delivered what was needed for the machine! They also bent over backwards to make me plain French toast when my stomach was unsettled. If you want a wonderful place to go, with fantastic service, very clean rooms and a beautiful view of the ocean, this is it!

Room Tip: Rooms that face the ocean breeze are the best!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stopped here without a reservation and got a good surprise. We stayed in an ocean front room at a good price and had drinks and dinner in the hotel. Susie was a friendly and helpful server in the bar and Jodie did did a good job at check-in. The restaurant food was very good at a reasonable price. This was a great stop after alng and tiring day.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2013

When you enter its a experience bring slience to your heart for a breath taking moments. Utter words this is it. I enjoy the location and Wright Brothers Museum for tourist moments. Hotel Staff is wonderful with caring hearts for guest. Sales Personel was awesome with accomadation for their Guest. I am Hoping My Sisters will feel the same way when the retreat is over.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business