“Very nice property and Excellent Location”

Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Kitty Hawk
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this property during her spring break and REALLY enjoyed the proximity to all the activities we planned. Additionally, the staff was very nice in providing directions to different locations and the restaurant with service all day long was great. I especially recommend the breakfast buffet with lots of foods to choose from.

Room Tip: The ocean front rooms have a great view of the Kitty Hawk Pier and the Ocean
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,695)

Reviewed March 7, 2013

My wife and I chose this property because of its proximity to the Southern Shores Town Hall , to which I had a scheduled meeting the next morning. Assigned Room No. 540 which was top floor, South Tower. Unobstructed, panoramic view of the ocean and the hotel's private pier from private balcony. Although room updates where going on for the 5th floor, we were not disturbed at all during our entire stay. Room was very quiet by day, and the sounds of the ocean was a great calming backdrop that helped us to sleep blissfully in our very comfortable King sized bed. This is important...we slept better at this hotel than at home. Sofa sleeper was clean and comfortable. Bathroom was very clean, closet space ample. Hotel staff was extremely friendly, from front desk to housekeeping. 24/7 free coffee, tea, and ice water in the beautifully appointed lobby. Loved all of the aquariums. Enjoyed a wounderful cooked to order hot breakfast before my meeting (Spinich and cheese omlet, bacon, and grapefruit). They even offered tomato juice, which is rare at a hotel restaurant. We were able to quickly check-out by way of the TV, so no hangups there.

Summary...This property is top notch for this area. We will be returning to this hotel, and we recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the South Tower for best views.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rob B
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We booked this hotel in the expectations that it would live up to it's name. When you hear "Hilton" you think "The Best". This was definitely NOT the case. The room was filthy, the staff was super rude. We were awaken at 3 in the morning to domestic violence in the next room. It took two phone calls before the staff would even respond. We had two small children that were wide awake and worried. Then we had to have the staff come INTO our room and try and figure out which room it was. They were telling our children to "Hush" in a rude voice in order to hear the yelling and smacking. It was just a terrible night. Not to mention they bar downstairs was filled with drunk businessmen entertaining women that were dressed in very seductive attire. This was way before happy hour too. They did have an indoor pool which our children were very excited about until we went to it and saw that it was also filled with adults that had been drinking I guess because the pool was right next to and in the same room as the hot tub. It was a terrible hotel, terrible staff, dirty rooms and just all around WORST PLACE EVER!!!!!!!! We didn't even bother staying another night.

Room Tip: Don't bother. Just stay at a cheap motel, you will get the same service if not BETTER!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Purva S
llbradshaw, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. I again, apologize to you and your family for the inconveniences and we hope to have another chance to provide a great stay for you all in the future. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you return.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Usually we're very satisfied will the Hilton Garden Inns.
And though the lobby is lovely, and room close to the ocean, our room smelled of smoke, HBO didn't work, and our toilet didn't flush...
:( a little disappointed. They were very friendly and attempted to repair issues but, we really hated to be bothered.
Additionally breakfast is 10.95 and not included as with the Hampton Inn properties.
Better bargains elsewhere esp off-season.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is such a great place to stay. I have had the pleasure of staying here several times and have always been impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff. The lobby is beautiful. There was a fire in the fireplace which was so welcoming, especially since it was snowing upon our arrival! The location is great. I love having access to the old Kitty Hawk Pier! The view from our room was terrific.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We visited the Outer Banks for our first time ever and had a wonderful stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Kitty Hawk. The hotel was great. We stayed in an oceanfront room, that had an awesome view of not only the ocean but also the pier. The king size bed was very comfortable and the comforter very warm but not heavy. The staff was very friendly, helping us with recommendations on things to do and places to eat. We ate breakfast twice at the hotel restaurant which made omelets, pancakes and French toast to order.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I will admit I am very picky when it comes to where I stay. I loved this hotel. The lobby was beautiful and had a complimentary coffee bar. When we checked in we were upgraded to a higher floor for free and all the staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was an oceanfront balcony double. It had a breath taking view. Everything was immaculate and I always turn back the covers and check the beds before I even unpack. I did request an extra pillow and usually I find this a hard request to satisfy yet not 5 minutes after I asked a pillow was brought to us. My family really enjoyed the indoor pool which was heated. But my personal favorite was the kid pool sized hot tub. The gym was a nice size and my husband go in a work out during our weekend stay. They have a small game room with a couple arcade style games for the kids. This area was really close to everything yet had a secluded feel. You also have a pier to explore as part of your perks. We don't fish yet it was still fun to walk on. They have a restaurant in the lobby, late Saturday night we ordered a chicken pesto flat bread which was beyond yummy!!! My only complaint would be I wish they had a continental breakfast, the restaurant is great but for the breakfast it cost around 11 a person and we decided to go to stack em high instead. Overall We loved our stay and cant wait to come back to the Hilton.

Room Tip: Ocean front balcony rooms are the way to go! We stayed in room 358 and it was perfect
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Surf Side Hotel
Surf Side Hotel
#1 of 13 in Nags Head
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanf...
#4 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk? Share your experiences!