“Wonderful fresh food and juice”
Review of Outer Bean Cafe

Outer Bean Cafe
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Outer Bean is a coffee shop, juice and smoothie bar and cozy café, where you will enjoy a variety of healthy choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Warm and inviting, it’s easy to linger at Outer Bean, surrounded by delicious smells, good music and local art. Don’t worry if you don’t have time to settle in, you can get yours to go. Enjoy the best organic free trade coffee on the Outer Banks. Choose from freshly made healthy juices and delicious green and protein smoothies made any time of day. Savor locally sourced foods, including bagel sandwiches, pastries and breakfast casseroles, artisan-crafted salads, vegetarian delights, panini’s, desserts and much more. Outer Bean offers healthy vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options, and we try our best to stay GMO-free. We choose bulk foods from Whole Foods, feature made-from-scratch sauces and stocks; even the bread is fresh and locally made without preservatives. We also serve beer and wine, with many wine choices under $5 per glass. Outer Bean is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You may eat in or take out. Join us for food that is as good for you as it is delicious!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful fresh food and juice”
Reviewed August 30, 2014

I highly recommend Outer Bean. We stopped by a couple of times during our week long vacation in the area. Great juice (loved the green juice!), delicious snacks and great paninis for lunch. Its definitely worth a visit.

Beaufort, South Carolina
“LOVELY LIGHT DINNER”
Reviewed August 29, 2014

What a wonderful surprise Outer Bean Juice and Java was for a light dinner. The owner / operator takes great pride (and deservedly so) for her freshly made foods using local, organic produce whenever possible. I had the spinach-brie salad and loved every bite…strawberries, apples, blueberries, bananas, slivered almonds and a generous portion of warm brie with a delightful balsamic dressing was a perfect light dinner. Husband really enjoyed the heartier Meat Lovers panini. We also shared her wonderful homemade soup to start the meal that was nicely seasoned with a little hot "kick". We could have stopped there and been quite happy…but she let us know that she had homemade bread pudding for dessert. It was one of the best I've had…somewhere between cake and custard consistency (with a light / not too sweet chocolate sauce, vanilla bean ice cream and walnuts on request)…along with a cup of delicious, strong decaf coffee. A really enjoyable and satisfying meal. All for about $30. Prices were quite reasonable.
Plus the decor is delightful, nice alternative music in the background, and limited seating so it's quiet and cozy. I'm looking forward to going back to try one their interesting, fresh, smoothies.

Belpre, Ohio
“how did this get rated #1?”
Reviewed August 28, 2014

I was so excited to check this place out, since it was rated so high....my kids and I ordered 2 smoothies (small!) and a green drink(small). I couldnt believe it cost over $20! And my green drink was mostly ice. I was more than disappointed all around.

6 Thank amandajoy1
Clifton, New Jersey
“Outer Bean was fabulous!”
Reviewed August 28, 2014

I'm always on the look out for quaint little places that serve fresh food. While vacationing in Corolla we took a drive to Outer Bean in Kitty Hawk based off these reviews. This place is small, cozy and warm. The owner was so polite and took the time to explain the dishes. This is more of a brunch/lunch place rather than dinner unless you want to eat light. I had the Brie salad with teriyaki chicken and a reeses cup coffee. DELICIOUS! They also serve smoothies and juices but only before 5:30pm because the owner said she doesn't like to disturb people that are eating dinner. How considerate is that? Would definitely come back again. The 4 other people we came with also loved their meals.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gorgeous food, homey service”
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were vacationing on the OBX. I tend to want to eat very light and fresh so we looked at tripadvisor before arriving and found outer bean. We showed up hungry and have to say, everything was gorgeous! The woman who greeted us, who we assumed to be the owner, was very welcoming and helpful! I enjoyed the protein salad- the ginger dressing was incredible and all of the veggies and lettuces were perfect. I had a side of immunity juice which definitely cleared my sniffles. My husband had the meat lovers panini and loved the healthy spin on it. Haha it seems the owner didn't think my husband got enough greens so she gave him a small sample of a green smoothie. He tried to politely refuse haha but she comically told him to drink up. Wouldn't you know, he loved it! We both felt light and healthy and happy leaving after our meal. Will definitely be back!

1 Thank Julie V