“This bistro has it all!”
Review of Outer Bean Cafe

Outer Bean Cafe
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Outer Bean is a coffee shop, juice and smoothie bar and cozy café, where you will enjoy a variety of healthy choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Warm and inviting, it’s easy to linger at Outer Bean, surrounded by delicious smells, good music and local art. Don’t worry if you don’t have time to settle in, you can get yours to go. Enjoy the best organic free trade coffee on the Outer Banks. Choose from freshly made healthy juices and delicious green and protein smoothies made any time of day. Savor locally sourced foods, including bagel sandwiches, pastries and breakfast casseroles, artisan-crafted salads, vegetarian delights, panini’s, desserts and much more. Outer Bean offers healthy vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options, and we try our best to stay GMO-free. We choose bulk foods from Whole Foods, feature made-from-scratch sauces and stocks; even the bread is fresh and locally made without preservatives. We also serve beer and wine, with many wine choices under $5 per glass. Outer Bean is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You may eat in or take out. Join us for food that is as good for you as it is delicious!
Raleigh, North Carolina
“This bistro has it all!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have a dairy allergy and it is always difficult to find good meals to eat when traveling, often ending up with me in disappointment due to extremely limited menu options (e.g., salad, plain chips, or french fries). Given that it is one of the top 10 vegan restaurants to visit within the area, my partner and I stopped by upon arriving to the OBX for lunch. As expected, this restaur ant/bistro had MANY delicious dairy-free and vegan food and drink options. The owner was kind, friendly, and super generous. We ordered a turkish pastry, a juice, and a dairy-free sandwich. The food was definitely fresh and of quality. On top of this, the owner offered us various samples of food and drinks. We would have otherwise have returned for dinner but our day's plan got thrown off!

I highly recommend this place if you want a delicious and healthy meal friendly to folks with food allergies AND be in good company :)

FYI this restaurant's sign is easy to miss, especially when driving. Look for signs that say COFFEE or CAFE (forgot which one) in that strip mall.

• Visited June 2014

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Mouth Full of Goodness”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

A nice healthy meal away from home is always a treat on the road. The juices are delicious. That pretty much goes for the sandwiches and salads too. Get away from the larger restaurants, take a visit and chat with the friendly owner. Kale never has tasted so good.

Raleigh
“Wonderful food and service”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

This used to be Southern Bean, but has new ownership and name. They kept some of the same drinks, but changed the menu. However, they made the sandwich I wanted when I asked about it. I also ate dinner there and it was splendid. They were very friendly as well.

Visited July 2014
Frederick, Maryland
“Great little coffee/juice/smoothie/food place!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My wife and I went in and ordered Meat lovers panini and three cheese panini. We also got smoothies and I ordered vegetable and quinoa soup. The smoothie were excellent and the paninis were full of awesome flavor and, unlike some places, the panini was nice and warm throughout. Some place have cold centers but not here. They serve dinner and smoothies end at 5:30pm to cater to the dinner crowd and not have to have the blenders going. I would def recommmend this place. They also have cool specials through the day. When trying to find it it has a big Coffee House sign but there name is kinda small so I drove past it at first because I was looking for Outer Bean to be displayed but don't let that sway you. This place has great food and smoothies.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Jordan G
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
“BEST smoothies and juice!”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

The smoothies here are amazing real fruit smoothies. It is so hard to find a good smoothie place nowadays that actually uses real fruit and healthy ingredients and not just syrup/ice with a little bit of fruit added in. (Gross.) Also, the juice bar is my favorite, there are so many options to choose from and the ones I have tried so far are delicious! (My favorite is the immunity juice, since I love the zing!)
All the food is healthy, actual real food too, which is hard to find in the OBX/IBX. There needs to be a lot more places like this. Just wish it was closer to my house so I could go every day. :)
The owner is very outgoing and friendly as well, and the atmosphere on the inside reminds me of California!

Visited June 2014