“This is a great breakfast spot” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Art's Place

Art's Place
Ranked #2 of 68 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Chesapeake, VA
“This is a great breakfast spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

This is a very nice local's beach spot. My wife and I stopped her for breakfast this morning and were extremely pleased with food and the service. It is a small place 5-6 tables and seats at the bar. The menu was pretty standard, but the food preparation was outstanding. I had the eggs over easy, grits, sausage patties, with a biscuit. Trish had the Greek omelet with hash browns and biscuits. The sausage patties were hand made from a local bulk sausage and very flavorful. The eggs were perfect and the grits were some of the best I have ever had and I have tried grits all over the South. The omelet was full of fresh spinach, feta, and fresh veggies. The potatoes were just as good of the grits. Good to perfection with caramelized onions and peppers.
Our server Katie was great, her service was very good.

Art's has a full bar and very good mimosa's.
If you get a chance you have to give Art's a try.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

“I'm hard to please, but..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

This was more than I expected! Great food, service, atmosphere!! Had breakfast, super yummy!! Will be back to try their lunch.. as a local, tourist and all should go!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Awesome family / Biker friendly place it's a must visit location you won't regret!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

I'm Captain Art from south Florida I've been fortunate enough to visit the OBX for over 15yrs now. Art's Place has always been one of my favorite places to frequent during my stay here!
Great food good prices excellent staff good entertainment a nice upper deck to view the Ocean! Or simply walk across the street lay out on the beach & take a swim. Unfortunately "Art" is no longer with us but his family friendly tradition lives on, so please visit and enjoy as I have and still do.
Thank You! Capt.Art Usher

Brick, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“locals know the best places”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

laid back. across from beach. met great people. down the street from our rental, so we went there nearly every night. great burger!

Visited August 2013
Youngstown, Ohio
“A must stop breakfast destination!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a local breakfast joint and we were pleasantly surprised when we realized Art's served breakfast - our house was only a few lots down from here.
Great breakfast - huge pancakes, spicy home fries, and sausage and biscuits - mmmmmm!! Good portions, good prices. We went early and were served quickly.
Thanks, Art's!! The blonde cook at breakfast was especially friendly!

• Visited August 2013