“Great Place to Take a Dog and Eat a Dog”
Review of Capt'n Franks

Capt'n Franks
Ranked #15 of 69 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed October 4, 2017

Stopped here with our dog and we sat on the covered deck upstairs. The Mad Dog Spicy Dog was great, as usual. The jamaican dog was a bit sweet for me, but the chili, onion footlong was great. It was nice to sit upstairs with a nice breeze and a friendly dog atmosphere.

Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

Super place!! Talked with the owner, place was hopping!! The combos of toppings for hot dogs was perfect together. We had the classic chili cheese dog, Chicago dog, and the Boston dog. Definitely recommend!

Reviewed September 25, 2017

It's been 12+ years since we last ate here and I can still say the food, service and atmosphere is the same, GREAT!!!! We would highly recommend this place. You must try this place!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed September 15, 2017

My husband is a huge hot dog fan so we stopped here for lunch one day during our trip. They have an excellent menu - you can get a hot dog pretty much any way you can come up with. And they were really good. We also loved looking at all the pictures thoughout the place.

Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

The hot dogs are ok. Fries were limp. And if you don't drink beer, your beverage choices are soda pop or water. The employees are very efficient and courteous. All of this was what I expected. Nothing more. Nothing less. But I do object to business owners cramming their political views down customers throats. "Frank" chooses to have a wall of presidents, a Vice President and another political figure, all of them Republican. I wouldn't mind if it were a respectful and politically balanced wall of all recent Presidents. I feel it is in poor taste to advertise your political views in a business. Neutral or fair and balanced is proper. It is rude to non-Republican customers and it immediately puts half of your customers on the defensive. I wanted to ask for a refund but I chose not to punish the young employees who were doing their job well.