“Couldn't believe it”

Jimmy's Seafood Buffet
Ranked #26 of 68 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery
Description: Jimmy's Seafood Buffet is a fresh seafood buffet restaurant located in Kitty Hawk, NC. We strive to provide our customers with fresh all-you-can-eat seafood that actually tastes great! Our goal is to offer as much local fish and shellfish as possible, but source crab legs from all over the country. In addition to our fresh seafood, we serve dishes with flavors from all around the world with an emphasis on Caribbean flavors. We feature over 100 items, all of which are made fresh, in-house, daily. As a family-owned business, we aim to make Jimmy's a great place for the whole family. On any given visit you might find pony rides for the kids, putt putt, or live entertainment to accompany your dinner. That's why some of our fans call us their "Vacation Destination"! Visit Jimmy's Seafood Buffet today for a memorable meal with the whole family!
Manteo, North Carolina
“Couldn't believe it”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The food is pretty good, you will get your money's worth, however, we were turned off by the way they promoted this restaurant to the tourist as a Jimmy Buffett place. Our waiter actually told the couple next to us, he doesn't visit very often but when he does he signs autographs. Our conversation was pretty cool, we told him the crablegs were very good...and here it comes. "Have you ever seen The Deadliest Catch on tv? We have our product direct shipped from the captains so it's always fresh" WOW

• Visited July 2013
obxcalade, Owner at Jimmy's Seafood Buffet, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Hi. I am glad that you enjoyed the food. I was very concerned about the comments that one of my waiters was making. We are in no way affiliated with Jimmy Buffett and no one should be saying that we are. He has NEVER been near our restaurant. I continued to read about the King legs and the captain shipping straight to us. I would like it if you could email me privately and let me know the name of your waiter. I want to make sure that this doesn't happen again.
info@jimmysobxbuffet.com. I would really appreciate it.
Liz Dowless

Downingtown, PA
“Not horrible, but won't be back”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

There was quite a variety of food at the buffet, but it was all mediocre quality. Decent crab legs, decent salmon/fish offerings, but nothing great. And at $120 for a family of 4, and being right at the shore, I expected a higher quality of offerings.

The atmosphere is non-existent. Reminded me of a cafeteria, and the 6 of us were crammed into a table that could barely fit us, let alone leave us any elbow room to do things like crack crab legs. And since we were seated right on the "thruway" to the buffet, that just added to the "crammed" feeling.

Lastly, as we have young kids, we were looking for someplace without a long wait. We called and they told us "no wait right now" which was perfect. We were there in less than 10 mins, and ended up waiting a half-hour to sit. Possible that they got that busy that quickly, sure, but it felt like a bait-and-switch.

All in all, it certainly wasn't my worst dining experience, but I experienced nothing that made me feel like I should try it again.

Chantilly, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dreamed about this place for 3 years”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This place is not as I remembered it 3 years ago when we last came. We wanted to go for the all you can eat crab legs.. Maybe I am remembering our last visit differently, but I swear the crablegs are not as fresh as they used to be. Yes, there is a lot of food, and many choices, but the quality was sub par at best. The Alaskan crab legs did not crack as they should. They were rubbery and just bent, and it took a lot of wrangling to get the meat out, and honestly, the meat was overcooked and way too salty. We did get 2 free lobsters with our meal, but they must have been frozen or something, because the texture of them were rubbery and they had a lot of goopy orange stuff in them, which I have never encountered before. I didn't realize just how sad the crab legs were until I went to Aweful Arthur's a few days later and had some fresh ones. The service was really hands off as well. We will probably skip this place next time. For the price we paid, we could have gotten a fresher meal somewhere else. All you can eat is not always the best option.

1 Thank LucyAlyce
Accord, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun for the family!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

My family of 8 always enjoy an early dinner at Jimmy's! The food is great! Something for everyone! There never any empty chaffing dishes! Our server was great! We all left happy and full! I do recommend getting there early...later in the evening the wait can be long. We usually get there 15 minutes before they open.

Rutherford, New Jersey
“Eh - not all its cracked up to be”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

There is definitely a variety of food, including many different seafood choices. Most dishes are fried with batter but there were some healthier offerings too. There were several versions of chicken and spare ribs, rice dishes, and pastas with choice of sauces. The "free" lobster (Sunday with coupon) was inedible. The meat was dry and cold and one lobster had cold dried roe all the way into the tail. I was told they were previously frozen and steamed. Don't waste your time or money on them. The garlic shrimp were also steamed in their skins and difficult to peel. The meat was also cold and dry. Three soup choices were all cream based and quite gloppy. Steamed crab legs, crawfish, mussels and clams were plentiful and many people were enjoying them The baked crab cakes were very good. Some plain lettuce and raw veggies were available to make a decent salad and there were some steamed veggies to provide a balance to all the fried and starchy offerings. Desserts included tiny slices of key lime pie, flavorless cheesecake, and other cakes, puddings and ice cream we didn't try. Overall it was just plain decent food - nothing fancy or unique. If you enjoy picking at crab legs and have a hearty appetite, you may like this place.

1 Thank Ann Marie G