“Amazing BBQ” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of High Cotton NC BBQ

High Cotton NC BBQ
Ranked #3 of 68 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Authentic. Simple. Delicious. High Cotton Barbeque has been well-known on the Outer Banks for over 10 years for their Eastern North Carolina Style Barbeque, Famous Fried or Slow Smoked Juicy Chicken, Melt in Your Mouth Ribs and Texas-style Beef Brisket. As Tarheel natives we want to share the flavors and aromas unique to Eastern North Carolina Barbeque. Consistent temperatures and long hours of smoking with hickory coals produce the characteristic pink coloring and sweet outside brown meat of our famous pork barbeque. Combined with our traditional side dishes and a glass of sweet tea and you're in High Cotton, Outer Banks Barbeque at its very best.
Old Bridge, New Jersey
“Amazing BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

This place is amazing....went here 3x in five days and took food home to NJ! Great portions and terrific service!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Great place to eat and excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

Checked some of the reviews and chose to drive past two other BBQ places to eat at the High Cotton BBQ. Are we glad we did. The service was top notch. The sweet tea on dead on and the drinks were always refilled. The BBQ was awesome. The ribs were smoked to perfection and were finger licking good. The brisket was superb and tender. The fried chicken was lightly breaded and fried to a golden crisp but was not greasy. My family favorite side was the Mac and cheese. That was some of the best Mac and cheese that I have eaten. The portions were great and had enough for some leftovers. Would absolutely eat here again and recommend High Cotton BBQ.

• Visited July 2014
Thank simmy952 .
“Very good portions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

We spent 4 days in OBX actually staying right across from High Cotton. At first I was worried being close to the hotel the prices would be higher. But they were average for OBX. BUT the portions were HUGE. My 2 kids meals were enough for an adult and my BBQ chicken sandwich was filling (a little spicy) but very good. My husband had pulled pork and he ate it so fast he didn't share a bit. The staff seemed a little overwhelmed by the number of people I don't know how busy the normally are but it seemed like a normal size lunch rush. Yet they were running around like chickens with their heads cut off. But that didn't effect the service too badly. Also we had several different people waiting our table so that was a little confusing but we were well cared for. Overall GREAT TASTE, large portions and not too expensive.

Greencastle, Indiana
“Great Food and Friendly Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

We have been coming here for ten years, staying just down the road, and never tried this place. I am not a big bbq fan but my husband is. I tried the combo platter, $13.99, and chose the fried chicken and smoked chicken with potato salad and baked beans. My husband also had the pick two combo platter and he picked brisket and pulled pork with same two sides. We also got some type of hushpuppies. My husband said the brisket was good but the pulled pork was some of the best he has had. My fried chicken was so good, left me wanting more. I was able to get all dark meat. The chicken was not greasy and not super heavily breaded! The homemade potato salad had chunks of onion and celery in it. I am not a big fan of baked beans but they were so good! Service was friendly and we got our food within just a couple of minutes. We did get there a few minutes before closing so our food wasnt quite as hot as probably is at other times. Some of meats were just barely warm but still good. Definitely a good back to place.

1 Thank Luvs2Travel5914
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Good Eats”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Great food for low price Will be going back next time we are in town. Serves was fast and very good.

Visited July 2014