“My favorite BBQ restaurant”
Review of High Cotton NC BBQ

High Cotton NC BBQ
Ranked #3 of 68 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Authentic. Simple. Delicious. High Cotton Barbeque has been well-known on the Outer Banks for over 10 years for their Eastern North Carolina Style Barbeque, Famous Fried or Slow Smoked Juicy Chicken, Melt in Your Mouth Ribs and Texas-style Beef Brisket. As Tarheel natives we want to share the flavors and aromas unique to Eastern North Carolina Barbeque. Consistent temperatures and long hours of smoking with hickory coals produce the characteristic pink coloring and sweet outside brown meat of our famous pork barbeque. Combined with our traditional side dishes and a glass of sweet tea and you're in High Cotton, Outer Banks Barbeque at its very best.
Richmond, VA
“My favorite BBQ restaurant”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I've been eating at High Cotton whenever I'm on the Outer Banks pretty much since they've opened. The food is consistently very good, service is always attentive and I can count on walking away full and happy. I live in Richmond, VA where we have plenty of very good BBQ restaurants, but High Cotton is still my favorite. The meats have a good smokiness and the sauces are a good compliment. Real good sides, especially the smoked cabbage when available. I'll be heading back again and again once I get back down there this fall.

Nashville, Indiana
“Best value in the area!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We went there for lunch to get a break from the seafood and wish we had went there more over the course of the week! They have the best value for the money around. For 8 bucks, I was stuffed with some of the best barbeque and fried chicken I have ever had. I really liked the sauce, but wish they had a thick and sweet sauce for the kids. I know that isn't the southern bbq style and not mine either, but that would make everyone happy, because what they have is excellent. Atmosphere is great also. Don't miss these cheap eats!

North Carolina
“True NC barbeque”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Locally owned by a native North Carolinian, the food is authentic, fresh, and well made. Service is amazingly fast. This is a great place for a fast meal with real food and down home surroundings.

Visited May 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Excellent BBQ”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Went on a reccomendation of a local. They accomodated our group of 20 with no problem. Had a lot of neat souveniers too!

Visited July 2012
“Just like we remember it!!!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I are Canadian tourist. We use to live in the Raleigh area for work many years ago. While there we were introduced to pig pickings. Great memories but difficult to find in Quebec. As soon as i walked into High Cotton the smell brought me back to NC. The pit master knows his trade. Matts sauces are all delicious. He smokes the meats perfectly and the sides are just what we remember of our bbq experiences while living in NC. They are very busy but just like Parkers, Bills or Que shack it moves very quickly. We cannot wait to return!!! Keep up the great work Matt.!