“Best BBQ in the Outer Banks”
Review of High Cotton NC BBQ

High Cotton NC BBQ
Ranked #3 of 67 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Authentic. Simple. Delicious. High Cotton Barbeque has been well-known on the Outer Banks for over 10 years for their Eastern North Carolina Style Barbeque, Famous Fried or Slow Smoked Juicy Chicken, Melt in Your Mouth Ribs and Texas-style Beef Brisket. As Tarheel natives we want to share the flavors and aromas unique to Eastern North Carolina Barbeque. Consistent temperatures and long hours of smoking with hickory coals produce the characteristic pink coloring and sweet outside brown meat of our famous pork barbeque. Combined with our traditional side dishes and a glass of sweet tea and you're in High Cotton, Outer Banks Barbeque at its very best.
Denmark, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best BBQ in the Outer Banks”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

To Matt and the staff of High Cotton, I have been a chef for 25 years plus, and the food is 5 star, service is great. The reason the for 5 stars is the food is always the great, hot and true to North Carolina BBQ. My family and I have been coming down to the Outer banks for several years now from Maine. And we look forward to eating at your restaurant couple times that week. It is always great!! I am a picky high end chef with years in the biz, High Cotton is some of the best food in the Country. The chess coconut pie is awesome, the fried chicken is great and the pork is true to Eastern NC. And all the sides are great too. Keep up all the good work. We will be back to see you this week before we go back North.

1 Thank chefbri682

Brockport, New York
“Good BBQ!!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Some good ole southern BBQ at its best! Awesome pulled pork, brisket, fried chicken and much more. The sides were also delicious as well and service was fast and friendly! Cant go wrong with north Carolina BBQ!

• Visited March 2013
Tupelo, Mississippi
“Good food, nice service”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The BBQ was above average but not the best if ever had. I had a pulled pork sandwich for lunch while recently on vacation in Kitty Hawk. I chose baked beans and cole slaw for sides. The beans were a little under cooked but had good flavor and the slaw was average. Another member of our party had ribs and said they were very good. Most who tried the smoked cabbage had positive comments about this side dish. Overall a good experience. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Lynchburg, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“genuine eastern NC style bbq!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Loved the food, loved the small town feel, loved the friendliness of the staff. They rinsed out my daughter's sippy cup and filled it with her lemonade...going the extra mile in something like that makes a difference to a tired 2 year old! The pork bbq was great, my parents said the Texas style brisket was as close to deep Texas brisket that they've had since being in TX. Great prices. Definitely going again!

Visited April 2013
Lawrenceville, Virginia
“Tastes Like Home!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My family and I ate at High Cotton NC BBQ today, and it was our first but definitely not our last time visiting this AMAZING restaurant. First of all, the staff was super friendly (which is not always the case in OBX restaurants), second, the owner recommended local attractions that are great for kids (we had my niece with us), and best of all, the food was scrumptious. Like, I would probably have eaten everything on the menu. I ordered their BBQ and chicken, and that was amazing alone, but the fries were great too! My dad had the brisket, and I wanted to eat that as well. The prices were cheaper than I was expecting, and the amount of food you get for $5-8 bucks is incredible. We'll be eating leftovers tonight! Thanks, High Cotton NC BBQ! You really provided us with the feeling of home and comfort. The menus were simple, the decor was simple, and the staff was extraordinary. Thanks!