“One of the nicer truley highend restaurants in a tourist area”

Ocean Boulevard Bistro & Martini Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Ocean Boulevard Bistro & Martini Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 68 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Eckner St.
Description: Open nightly through all seasons, all year - Ocean Boulevard is an American Bistro with a Seasonal Menu, a unique and comprehensive wine list, and great martinis. We provide a Global influence to Regional foods sourced from the dock of Wanchese, the fields of Currituck, and beyond. Located across from the Kitty Hawk Beach in the beautiful Outer Banks of North Carolina, this restaurant is a priority experience for Visitors and Island Locals alike.
“One of the nicer truley highend restaurants in a tourist area”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Wine list is very notable, but they have some obvious errors in some of their listings, ie wrong wines listed in wrong catagories with wrong varitals. I dont bash a restaurant for not having the right vintage if they are off by one, this happens all the time.

Food was pretty good with the acception of the tuna sashimi, we were in the heart of 'Tuna Land' and it was grey and tastless. Then Poke part was the worst. Everyone elses food was good. Desserts were excellant and our server was super nice.

One last thing, it was slow when we were in and we waited 31 minutes between the time they cleared out app plates and brought us our dinners. So if you're in a rush make it know.

We'll give it another try someday.

1 Thank Wine-Loves-Me

San Antonio, Texas
“extremely disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

I walked into this restaurant expecting great things seeing as I got a call from the restaurant earlier in the day to confirm my reservation and check on my food allergy. She also said that they were understood that this was our wedding anniversary.
However, when we got there, we were shown to a table that one of us had to sit with our back to the window (hense, no view for me) while 2 ladies after us were shown to a table which allowed them both to be able to enjoy the view perfectly. They were only there for a salad and drinks and got much better service than we did who where there for an anniversary dinner. I noticed that many of the couples sat around us looked bored and that most guest were wearing jeans - must be a local place.

This restaurant is listed on Opentable as being "Contemporary American" but when we got there, 90% of the menu is seafood, including the appetizers. I am allergic to seafood but have not before had a problem with finding stuff of the menu that I can eat. However, EVERY special had a seafood item added to it including the starters! The only things on the menu I could eat were either the tenderloin or rack of lamb.

Here is the dangerous part. Our waitress was clueless that I had a seafood allergy, even though the person who had confirmed my reservation had called to check!!!! Our waitress was not very interested in servicing us to start with and looked even more disinterested when she asked why we were not having any appetizers. She said that the salad didn't have any seafood but that was the extent of any future help we were going to get.

The only plus we had for this visit was that the tenderloin was awesome. That is the only reason I am giving it a poor rating, rather than a terrible one.The sour taste in my mouth was the bad table, disinterested waitress and lack off choices to eat. If you are only going to offer seafood on your menu - call yourself a seafood restaurant!!!!!

I would never recommend this place to a couple celebrating an anniversary. It is probably okay for just a casual dinner if you are looking for seafood. We will never eat here again.

2 Thank sortiz
Fairfax, Virginia
“Gem on the Outer Banks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

It is hard to find reliable, high-quality meal on the Outer Banks. Ocean Blvd Bistro is a rare gem. They pay attention to the dining experience, from the quality of the decor to the quality of the ingredients and the final product. I highly recommend them for a night of up-scale, fine dining at the beach.

Bethesda, MD
“An excellent meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

This visit we had an excellent meal. The calimari was crisp and tender, the salad was large and very interesting, and the salmon off the alternative menu was outstanding as was the creme brulle. They had added the 2010 Wente Rive Ranch Chardonnay, one of our favorite wines, to their list. Over a very enjoyable experience.

• Visited September 2012
Cincinnati
“Delicious food and great martinis with beautiful view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

We really enjoyed our dinner here. We had a nice view of the beach across the street. The service was excellent and very prompt without feeling rushed. There was a nice friendly local atmosphere. We tried several of the martinis on the menu. The rosy cheeks and cucumber were our favorites. I had the beef tenderloin. I ordered it med well and most places butterfly it or over cook it and I was really impressed when it arrived perfectly cooked and not butterflied and very tender and delicious. I also appreciated the small portion sizes. Also loved the crab dill bread pudding! Will most definitely return when back in OBX!

2 Thank mwagnerwoodshop