“Tiny place but so worth a visit againand again”

I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar
Ranked #4 of 67 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We're a locally owned shellfish market and oyster bar offering the freshest, local seafood in the Outer Banks. Our specialty is blue crabs and steaming is always free. Eat in or Take out. Open year-round 7 days a week from 11:30 am to 9:00 pm. For more information, please visit our website.
Norfolk, Virginia
“Tiny place but so worth a visit againand again”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We tried this place for lunch based on reviews on TripAdvisor and I would have come back for every meal if they were open. Two large lunch counters, and two large booths. Food was fresh. Restaurant with fish market, yet did not stink. Cup of She crab bisque was a huge portion and hit the spot on such a dreary winter day, Shrimp tacos with the most delicious house aoili sauce had such heavenly plump flavorful shrimp. Crabcake sandwich - mostly crabmeat, not a lot of filler. If I were vacationing in the summer with a big group, I would def. order for delivery. The food here is sooo fresh and flavorful. You have to go to this little hole in the wall with big flavor.

Visited February 2014
IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We're open 7 days a week from 11:30 am to 9:00 pm and hope you'll join us again for another delicious meal. You definitely tried some of our favorites last time and we think you'd really love the seafood tacos. See you again soon!

Virginia Beach, VA
“Friendly, homey goodness”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Stopped in tonight for a light evening meal because of all the enthusiastic reviews. My only regret: I wish had not eaten such a large, late lunch, because I really wanted to try something wonderful from the fryer but my conscience wouldn't let me. So my husband and I both ordered a cup of she crab soup and something to drink. The soup was truly amazing: hot, not overly thick (common problem with seafood chowders), redolent of something ... Sherry? The right amount of broken crab meat and a lovely, light touch of herbs. Crackers on the side.

There are two booths in this strip mall joint. The unlucky diners--everyone else--sit on round orange stools at the counter. Photos of family and friends hang on the wall. They sell T-shirts and caps and display eye-popping freshly caught seafood in cases filled with ice. We watched a worker shuck oysters as we sipped soup.

$14 (inc. tax) for two cups of soup with crackers, one wine, one beer. Incredibly friendly, clean, and inviting. Do not be put off by the small size and unassuming location.

We will be back.

• Visited February 2014
IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor. I'm thrilled that you loved our soup and atmosphere so much. Next time you stop in, might I recommend the hushpuppies and fried oysters. They're two of our most popular fried items. Have a great day!
South Hill, Virginia
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Some of the best steamed oysters around. They could open them faster than I could eat them.
I also tried the she crab soup on my second visit and it's wonderful.

• Visited February 2014
IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you so much for visiting us twice and for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed your group and would love to shuck for you again any time. Have a great day!
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
“A no-frills, solid raw bar.”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I've been coming regularly to the OBX since the 80's, and have lived here year round for 3+ yrs. In that time, I've eaten at about every raw bar from Manteo up to Carova, and this place takes the cake. The freshest oysters you're gonna find on the outer banks (without spending an arm and a leg for the same thing). It is a true OBX raw bar experience.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank opticy
IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you so much for your compliments! We love that you took the time to highlight how much you love our restaurant. See you again soon.
Newport News, Virginia
“Don't go there unless....”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

...you are looking for the greatest, freshest, most delicious seafood in family enviroment restaurant ever!!
The moment we walked in Ms. Kathy and Stephanie greeted us as if she's known us forever! I asked what they recommend and right off the top Stephanie said "crab nachos". We ordered the nachos, also 1/2 order of steamed shrimp, 1 piece of fish from the A La Carte menu and fried shrimp. Reluctantly, I tried the nachos and it was like an explosion of flavor and my taste buds were singing as if they heard from heaven or something! Unbelievable combination of taste! Every thing else was just amazing. Sometime during the dinner, they brought us a sample of their SheCrab soup and I was hooked (Yes, we went the next day and had a bowl of soup!) Oh, did I mention their fried oysters? OMG! they shuck the oysters on the spot, batter and fry them within minutes. Can't beat the freshness:the inside is slightly cooked while the outside is crispy. The moment i tasted the first one I realized I've been eating overcooked oysters my entire life! Totally outstanding.
What I think we loved best about this place is how family oriented it is. The walls are decorated with family photos, a quilt honoring local fisherman, newspaper articles, etc. It's not a fancy place, your dinner is served in platic dishes, plastic silverware and cup but to me, this adds on to the "I feel right at home" feeling of this place.
If you're visiting OBX, don't miss eating here. You are in for a great treat!
ps. Kathy and Stephanie, thank you!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank roset_2
IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
We're so happy that you enjoyed your meal. The crab nachos are a popular new item and the fried oysters are always a classic. Thank you for taking the time to highlight those two items and employees. Kathy and Stephanie are going to be so excited to read this review!