“Strip mall STAR”

Ranked #4 of 67 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We're a locally owned shellfish market and oyster bar offering the freshest, local seafood in the Outer Banks. Our specialty is blue crabs and steaming is always free. Eat in or Take out. Open year-round 7 days a week from 11:30 am to 9:00 pm. For more information, please visit our website.
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is our favorite "find" this vacation. We've been going to Nags Head for over 30 years, and this little gem is our choice for the best, most reasonable crab/oyster bar on The Banks. Located at the end of a strip mall, IGMC is NOT about ambiance, but it IS about great seafood served by friendly folks (mostly family). Dine in or take-out, this casual eatery is a real "find!"

IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

We are so flattered to be your favorite find and can't thank you enough for taking the time to leave a review. We hope you'll return to the area soon because we'd love to serve you again. Have a safe trip home!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I had never tried blue crabs before, so this was a fun adventure. We got a dozen steamed blue crabs, some king crab, and some fried shrimp. All was delicious. The blue crabs require some work to break into, so make sure you have the tools. The prices were very reasonable.

2  Thank berly24
IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

I'm so glad that you had a fun first experience eating blue crabs! If you ever want some pointers on the easiest way to break into them, our staff is always there to help. We also have a variety of tools available. We'd like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

On our visit to the Outer Banks, we researched places to eat, and decided upon I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but the food is awesome, and the prices are great.
There were 3 of us, and we split the blue crab special, and ordered several sides. We ordered the "granddaddy salad", sweet potato fries, asparagus and the hush puppies. Everything was great, and the hush puppies are unbelievable. The hush puppies are served with a brown sugar butter sauce, and they make an unbelievable dessert. If you are reading this review, make sure you try them.
The crabs are steamed and served uncleaned, however they offered, and cleaned them for us after they arrived at our table. They will also teach you how to do it yourself.
The service was great, and it was interesting to hear how many crabs they catch each year. Actually the crabs we ate, had just arrived at the back door. It doesn't get much fresher than that.
Eating at the restaurant was a great memory of the Outer Banks, and I am sure glad we did.
The only thing to be aware of, is that seating is limited. They only have 2 booths, and then they have bar seating. We ate at the bar, but that turned out to be very enjoyable.
Thank you to everyone at "I Got Your Crabs" for making our quick visit to Kitty Hawk so enjoyable.

1  Thank cnj98
IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

You are so welcome! We're thrilled to have been a part of your trip. We thank you for leaving a review and for taking the time to share us with others. Have a safe trip home!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

As you walk thru the doors of I Got Your Crabs, you go from being an "Outer Banks tourist" to being "a local." Sitting at the oyster bar, we shared conversations with other patrons and enjoyed the the most delicious and freshest seafood we have had in years. Two dozen oysters were shucked right in front of us and placed on a long sheet of brown paper. After being dipped in homemade cocktail sauce, they were washed down with ice cold beer. We also enjoyed she crab soup, scallops and soft shell crabs. There is a reason this is rated #1! Forget the glossy flyers from the visitors center and enjoy a meal that defines the Outer Banks!

1  Thank cellegirl

Your pictures are making me hungry! We're flattered by the title of your review and cannot thank you enough for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor. We'd love to serve you again anytime.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Very informal, comfortable atmosphere. We tried some big crabs that were an interesting experience. The Wait Staff was very helpful, and it was a neat experience.
Oysters were delicious!

You hit the nail on the head! Eating blue crabs is an experience like no other and we'd like to thank you for choosing us. Our wait staff will appreciate that you found them to be so helpful.