“Outstanding in OBX - a local's gem!”

I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar
Ranked #4 of 67 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We're a locally owned shellfish market and oyster bar offering the freshest, local seafood in the Outer Banks. Our specialty is blue crabs and steaming is always free. Eat in or Take out. Open year-round 7 days a week from 11:30 am to 9:00 pm. For more information, please visit our website.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Leave the tourist restaurants behind! This place is awesome! The food and the people made this our favorite meal at the Outer Banks. And it was the least expensive dinner we had.

Inspired: owner Hunter and the entire staff!

Pro: location, atmosphere, lessons on blue crabs, fun crowd at the counter, cold beer and crab cakes - wow!

Con: nothing at all

Return: yes - cannot wait!

Discovered: via Tripadvisor - thanks

IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

I love your review! It's clear that you had such a fun time with us. Thank you so much for your kind words about our food. We can't wait to have you back!

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Great relaxed atmosphere, freshest blue crabs I have had in a very long time. Staff was fabulous and we got to talk to owners wife! Wish I would have known about this place the first night we got there, I would have eaten there more times!!

I loved reading about your experience with us. Our owner goes crabbing every day which allows us to keep the freshest, hand-picked crabs in stock. Don't worry about only getting once chance to eat with us during this trip. Now you know where to find us for next time.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We visited the outer banks for first time and since we're from Baltimore we wanted some crabs. This place did not disappoint - heavy and tasty crabs!! Better than anything we've even had locally in Baltimore! The oysters were also very good. Only negative is that I had some trouble placing my order because I was put on hold and then the owner forgot to answer after ten min...I hung up and tried again but line was busy for 30 min because the receiver was still on counter...so I had to drive there to place the order and there was some confusion over the prices because I was quoted everything at a half-bushel or 1/2lb and anyone other seafood place I've gone to gives prices per lb.

It's wonderful to hear that you loved our crabs so much. I do apologize for the trouble with ordering. As for the pricing, many of our items such as the shrimp we recommend half pound servings and it's priced accordingly. To avoid confusion, the price per pound is simply double that. We can't wait for you to visit the outer banks again!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

excellent food & service in this no frills spot. Pull up a stool to the counter and eat great amazing scallops, crab cakes and cheap pbr. Will be back.

Thank you for taking the time to leave such wonderful compliments! Don't forget: PBR and most other domestics are cheapest on Tuesdays and Sundays when we have our beer specials. We can't wait to have you back!

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Very clean and welcome with a "hello" from the young man behind the counter. Sat at one of only two indoor tables but plenty of stools to sit at counters...the place is not big. But what it lacks in size and "glitz" or a stupid caricature it makes up in service, fair price and food. Cora, our server, was great as she really seemed to enjoy being there. Our group of six ordered a variety of items...she-crab soup, hush puppies, dungenous crab, flounder sandwich and crab cakes. Overall the food was delicious and fresh. One crab was a little mealy but unfortunately the person did not mention because I'm guessing they would have brought out another. I would highly recommend over the many tourist traps on this busy highway.

IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

What a treat to have Cora as your server! She will be thrilled that you enjoyed her service. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor about how much you enjoyed our food and value as well.