“Good Blue Crabs in NC? Who knew.”

I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar
Ranked #4 of 68 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We're a locally owned shellfish market and oyster bar offering the freshest, local seafood in the Outer Banks. Our specialty is blue crabs and steaming is always free. Eat in or Take out. Open year-round 7 days a week from 11:30 am to 9:00 pm. For more information, please visit our website.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Good Blue Crabs in NC? Who knew.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I learned two important life skills while living in Maryland: how to sail and how to shuck crabs. I got to put the latter skills to use at I Got Your Crabs last week.

If you're looking for a very causal dinner on a piece of brown paper roll with excellent blue crabs and oysters, I Got Your Crabs is the place to go at the Outer Banks. They were as good as any I ever ate in Maryland, and I had previously come to the conclusion that you just can't get good steamed blue crabs in North Carolina.

We had a half dozen steamed crabs, a dozen oysters and a couple of beers for a little over 30 bucks with tip. Best deal at the beach.

I hadn't had a mess of steamed crabs in soooo long. Man, what a treat!

• Visited August 2013
IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you so much for the compliments on our blue crabs. We put a lot of work into them as the owner catches them locally. He will be thrilled that you loved them as much as Maryland blues. We'd love to have you back anytime. Stop in next time you're in town.

Sterling, Virginia
“yummmmm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

We visited on our first night in town which lead us to return before leaving town.

First night we seated ourselves at the bar and were promptly greeted by Cora. She took great care of us and helped us while ordering some items we have never eaten before. In total, we ordered: snow crab legs, clams, mussels, oysters, hushpuppies and 2 beers. Not only was the food & service top-notch, but the prices were unbelievable! It was less than $40 for two of us to eat our hearts out.

Second night was busier (Thursday) and we happily crammed ourselves into the only 2 seats at the bar. Again, ordered a slew of fresh seafood but started this meal with the She Crab soup = amazing. One of my favorite crab soups in all the kinds I've tried.

Definitely a great place to try in town. Casual, down-to earth atmosphere with delicious food that you won't drain your wallet. They only have 2 booths, so families I would recommend going early to get a seat together. Love it!

1 Thank Caitlyn M
I love that you are already a repeat customer. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave kind words on our TripAdvisor page. Cora will be so excited that you enjoyed her service. We can't wait to serve you again next year.
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Holy cow this place has some great food. The she devil soup was AMAZING, and probably the best soup I have ever eaten! We ordered snow crab legs, hush puppies, asparagus, crab cakes, oysters, the soup, flounder, and probably a few other things. The flounder was a generous portion and was moist and flaky. We ended up taking many of the items home, because we ordered way too much food and I can't wait to eat my leftovers! Hopefully we'll be able to fit in another visit before we head home. I may just stock up on some items to take home in our cooler. Fabulous, awesome, fresh fish!

Visited August 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor! I love your enthusiasm about our soup and that you tried a variety of other items as well. Safe travels!
West Grove, PA
“Great Seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stopped in for lunch. Very friendly greeting by staff. Sat down and had some crabs and fried shrimp. Crabs came in all sizes and I thought the prices were very reasonable. I've been to alot of crab places and they have a minimum number of crabs, not this place. I was able to order 3 of their giant crabs for $5 each. We ordered another half dozen jumbo for $3 each. The shrimp are also individually sold and were fresh n tasty. Kids had some cream of crab soup which was very flavorful.

The wait staff were super friendly and nice. I would go back just for the great service.

1 Thank JessDougBrown
IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
It's wonderful how much you enjoyed your experience! We love what we do and hearing compliments, especially about our service and food, are our favorite. Thank you for taking the time to make our day. We can't wait to have you back.
East Petersburg, Pennsylvania
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Very delicious snow crab legs for only 12 dollars a pound. Easy to call in and order to pick up. Shrimp was very good as well.

• Visited August 2013
IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you for your compliments on our snow crab legs and steamed shrimp. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your take out experience with us. By calling ahead, you were able to skip the wait! See you again next time.