“Fun atmosphere”

Ranked #4 of 67 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We're a locally owned shellfish market and oyster bar offering the freshest, local seafood in the Outer Banks. Our specialty is blue crabs and steaming is always free. Eat in or Take out. Open year-round 7 days a week from 11:30 am to 9:00 pm. For more information, please visit our website.
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Went twice on our vacation. It was a lot of fun. My four year old especially loved pulverizing the crabs with the mallet. We had steamed blue crabs, steamed oysters, crab cakes, crab dip, and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Everyone was happy in my little family. The best thing was the service. Both times we were there we had impeccable customer service, first with Corey and then with Cecily who gave us a great tip on a local ice cream place! I would definitely recommend going here. The only downside is the limited seating. I expect this place will one day have to expand since it is so good!

IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

The mallets are so much fun especially for then youngest crab pickers. Cecily and Cory will be thrilled to hear that they received so much praise in your review. Thank you for being a repeat customer and we can't wait to have you back next year!

There are newer reviews for I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Very friendly people at the place, and a wonderful selection of FRESH SEAFOOD!! Just soooo good we had to eat twice there during our week stay at OBX. The SheCrab Soup is to die for..... Very fine flavors contained in a great moderate stock with subtleties. Scallop Plate is 6 gigantic oh-so-tender delectibles to satisfy even a big appetite, with outstanding coleslaw and fries to boot. Fried clams piled up on the plate were very nice, not too chewy. Our second feasting there we dove into the blue crabs, only $6.00 each for Gigantics!!! Pretty fast service even when eating at peak time. Nice people there, would highly recommend you try this room AT LEAST ONCE when you're in the area. I would rank iot the best place we ate during our one week stay this July.

IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Thank you so much for choosing us twice during your vacation! Our She Crab Soup is very popular and you summed up it's highlights perfectly. Your compliments on our scallops and Giants are just as appreciated. Have a safe drive home and we can't wait to see you next year!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Just kidding,I wish I had found this place at the start of the week.I love steamed oysters and these were great and reasonably priced. Some places try to make all their profit one dozen oysters. I also had a soft shell crab and it was great.Hope to return soon!

IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

We're so happy that you found us. We know how tempting it is to keep local dives a secret so we really appreciate you sharing your great comments with TripAdvisor. You know where to find us next year!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Great place for steamed blue crab. We had a server named Corey who did a great job of taking car of us. I will go back again and again.

We can't wait to see you again! It's always nice to hear how customers have enjoyed their experience with us. Cory will be especially excited that you appreciated his great service. The blue crabs are waiting for you!

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We loved the local oysters, scallops, and crab cakes. Super friendly. Great prices, too. Don't miss the photos of the family crabbing!

IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you so much for the compliments on our food. As you know, our family has been in the commercial fishing business for generations so we've got plenty of pictures so look at! We hope you'll include us in future vacations to the Outer Banks. Have a safe trip home.