I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar
Ranked #4 of 67 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We're a locally owned shellfish market and oyster bar offering the freshest, local seafood in the Outer Banks. Our specialty is blue crabs and steaming is always free. Eat in or Take out. Open year-round 7 days a week from 11:30 am to 9:00 pm. For more information, please visit our website.
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Great dive !”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is a locals dinning establishment. Definitely a hole in the wall but delicious.I had a crab cake with a side of Cole slaw.I could feel my arteries closing as I ate the Cole slaw. Plenty of mayo.It is a small place so I would go early.

• Visited May 2013
IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Great review! Thank you for taking the time to share us with others. We're so glad that you enjoyed the crab cake and cole slaw. If you're looking for a healthier option, our steamed shrimp and veggies are the perfect meal. See you again soon!

Redodno Beach, CA
“Eat here, you'll thank me later...”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Went to I Got Your Crabs on the basis of these awesome trip advisor reviews and it lived up to them all! Wonderful locally owned/operated crab joint. They are in a tiny space and if they keep up the quality of food and service they will need to expand. Just trust the wait staff and get what they recommend, you will NOT be disappionted!!!

• Visited May 2013
Great advice about ordering based on employees recommendations. We each have different favorites but are always happy to point you in the right direction. Thank you for such an awesome review. We hope to see you again next time you're in town!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Crabcakes”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stopped in for a quick lunch and wasn't disappointed. We had the lunch special, which was a crabcake sandwich with sweet potato fries. It was really great and you can tell by the flavor of the sandwich that it's real crab and not a substitute like you get at a lot of places. There is also a good variety of seafood you can get to go also. Everyone was friendly there including the other customers- probably because they're happy with the food. Well worth a visit!

1 Thank Paul507
It's great to hear that you enjoyed our crabs cakes and service. As you know, the crab cakes have very little filler and all kinds of flavor. We'd love to hear any recommendations you have on how we can improve. Send us an email to Info@IGotYourCrabs.com soon.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Best seafood”
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

After reading recommendations we visited here yesterday, not the poshest place I've ever eaten the counter is stainless steel and the table cloth is a roll of brown paper. But forget that. it more than lived up to expectations we ate oysters,scallops crab dip with a side of sweet potato fries. All excellent.the staff are very friendly, obviously a local gem. If your in the area just go and taste some of the freshest and best seafood around

Visited April 2013
IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. We're so happy that you enjoyed our casual atmosphere and food! There's nothing too posh about eating blue crabs but that's part of why they're so delicious. We hope to see you again soon.
Turner, Maine
“Great fresh seafood”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Great fresh seafood to buy and take home or eat in. You must have the she crab soup. It is fabulous. The taste is smooth, not heavy with well distributed pieces of crab. The soft crab sandwich was perfectly crunchy, not too greasy or heavy. Iadded some sweet potato fries and was more than satisfied. My husband had scallops which not on the menu, but they do have. They were very lightly fried and sweet, tender and perfectly cooked. He had fries on the side. It is a very small place with number of stools and just two booths. Clean and friendly service make it a must not miss eatery. There were only 3 staff members, but they were very friendly and helpful. If you are not full, unfortunately we were, you can grab some fresh seafood to take home. They had a nice selection in a clean glass case out front. It is a small place in a little strip mall, but it is worth looking up and checking out.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Cyndy P
IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this review, January 7, 2016
Having just seen this review nearly three years later, I have to admit that it was a delight reading about our only operating with three employees. We've come along way since then and it's due, in part, to reviews like yours spreading the word. We can't thank you enough for that generosity.