“Wonderful, Unique local flair...”

I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar
Ranked #4 of 68 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We're a locally owned shellfish market and oyster bar offering the freshest, local seafood in the Outer Banks. Our specialty is blue crabs and steaming is always free. Eat in or Take out. Open year-round 7 days a week from 11:30 am to 9:00 pm. For more information, please visit our website.
Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
“Wonderful, Unique local flair...”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

They are not over priced and offer something hard to find--simply good food.. The place is simple but very clean. I had the She Crab soup, it was excellent.. You must then follow it up with anything steamed.. Plus you will enjoy the conversation behind the counter :) I plan to go back.

• Visited March 2013
IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
We can't wait to have you back! You'll have to try the oyster stew next time you're in. It's just as yummy and filling on a chilly day. Thank you for your kind words.

North Carolina
“Good food!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Good food at reasonable prices. Pure seafood and they shuck the oysters for you. If you want local caught steamed seafood, this is the place to go. I want to go back when crabs are in season.
Small but they do offer take-out. Our server had lots of personality and was very good. Enjoyed it!

Visited February 2013
IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Blue crabs are just a few short weeks away! Stay tuned to our Facebook page for updates. We're so glad you enjoyed the oysters and the service.
Bar Harbor, Maine
“Wonderful, helpful service”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was surprised in the number of choices - take out fresh, take out steamed, eat in, jumbo, medium, small, etc etc. It was great to have a helpful and friendly person behind the counter to serve as my guide. I live in a tourist town and I know that by August, people can get understandably snippy after answering the same questions over and over and over again. The person who helped me was just terrific. And the crabs were really tasty.

• Visited August 2012
We love tourists and we're so glad you love our service. We hope you'll be returning again this summer. Can't wait to have you back.
“Awesome place to EAT”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This place is nothing fancy just good [--] seafood! I'm a fat kid and this place is greeeeeat! Don't let the "different" seating and size fool you. Give this place a shot and you won't be let down. She Crab soup is amazing! I had 2 bowls. Crab cakes are top notch also!!!

We're flattered by your compliments! We're so glad you enjoyed the crab cakes and she crab soup. Stop in soon to try the blue crabs.
oceanpearl
“Phenomenal!”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

The fabulous crabs are caught right in the Currituck Sound by the owner and shelled for you at the bar!! All the deliciousness without the work, perfect!!! Their She Crab soup is my favorite and in the winter they have oysters! YUM!

• Visited December 2012
IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind review. We're flattered to know that our she crab soup is your favorite! You should try our oyster stew next time you're dine in with us. It's delicious!