“Super clean and friendly with great seafood.”

I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar
Ranked #4 of 67 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We're a locally owned shellfish market and oyster bar offering the freshest, local seafood in the Outer Banks. Our specialty is blue crabs and steaming is always free. Eat in or Take out. Open year-round 7 days a week from 11:30 am to 9:00 pm. For more information, please visit our website.
“Super clean and friendly with great seafood.”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We had a tasty lunch at the bar in this great spot. The family runs the shop and are very friendly. The restaurant is sparkling clean. Seafood was fresh and delicious. We are local so we have high expectations for seafood. Prices are fair On our way back now for a second day.

IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
It's so great to hear that you're already planning on coming back! Nothing pairs with local seafood quite like local customers. Thanks for spreading the word.

Currituck, North Carolina
“Best flounder sandwiches on the beach!!!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stopped in on Labor Day with 4 other friends. I had the best flounder sandwich ever and everyone else raved about their food also. Combined we had the flounder sandwich, the catfish sandwich, soft shell crab, crab cake sandwich, blue crabs, and clams. We all left stuffed full of the wonderful food for a fantastic price. I even bought a t-shirt to send to my kids. This place is the place to go for locals and visitors. Best of the beach!!!!

• Visited September 2012
IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
It just doesn't get better than fresh fish, does it? You should try the whole fish basket next time. It has fresh croaker. Thank you for your feedback!
“The best seafood I have had in the OBX!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

So every year my family venture to the OBX late September, usually there is a hurricane or stormy rainy weather. So we have always focused are trip on eating great seafood!!!? We have tried practically every restaurant on this beach only to find gross low class "crabs" and soups off the Sysco truck! Finally after finding I got your Crabs in the "restaurant guide", all five of my family members decided to try. We found that this hidden spot tucked away in a corner of a strip mall is just like sitting in th a local commercial fishermans kitchen! While his amazing southern hospitality Like family serves you! We got to meet the commercial fisherman's/owners mother " kathy" and get a little background info on the family as well! We felt like we were part of the family! Especially while eating " granddaddy salad" can't wait to come back later this year and try out your oysters!! Thanks the Makers family!!

We're so glad your family had such a great time with ours. We've got oysters now so you'll have to stop back by again soon!
SoCal
“Go! Go! Go!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Do not miss this new eatery in OBX! Don't let the strip mall location fool ya! The food is delicious and the staff is fantastic! My husband had the flounder sandwich with cole slaw, I had half pound steamed crab legs with hush-puppies. OMG! Flounder was fresh and lightly fried with awesome homemade sauce (chipotle mayo type), the cole slaw sweet and creamy, the crab legs fresh and steamed to perfection served piping hot, and the hush-puppies extra crispy outside and perfect on the inside. We "tasted" the she crab soup, which was to absolutely die for! Our bill was under $20.00!!! Everything was A+++. The owner's mom, Kathy, was working the counter and she is so friendly and a pleasure to chat with. And for us year-rounders, they are open all year!

• Visited October 2012
Thank you so much for sharing about your experience with us. What a great picture of your sandwich!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous local owned restaurant.”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had the best time here. The food is fantastic, the atmosphere is great and the staff is wonderful. Love this local owned business.

1 Thank adcorbell
IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know what you think. You'll have to come back and visit us again when we get oysters in!