“take out crabs”

Ranked #8 of 69 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We're a locally owned shellfish market and oyster bar offering the freshest, local seafood in the Outer Banks. Our specialty is blue crabs and steaming is always free. Eat in or Take out. Open year-round 7 days a week from 11:30 am to 9:00 pm. For more information, please visit our website.
Reviewed August 23, 2012

when we go to the outer banks we usually have a crab feast night. we went to I got your crabs twice for great blue crabs and steamed shrimp. the crabs were meaty and perfectly cooked. and there prices were quite competitive since crabs are based on a market price. we didn't eat there but the people who worked there were very friendly.

IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your seafood feast twice. See you next year!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We ordered takeout twice from here. Once for lunch and once for dinner. The meals are made to order and might take a bit longer. The food was good but the first time we ordered the fish and chips, the fish was not cooked throughly. It caused us to reheat it with the hotel microwave. We highly recommend the soft shell crab sandwich. It was delicious. Highly reccomend this place if you're in the area.

Great value as well.

IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you for being a repeat customer! We're so glad that you enjoyed the soft crab sandwich. It's one of our favorite things. I'm sorry to hear about the fish on your first experience. I'll look into it for you!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I Got Your Crabs in Kitty Hawk, NC is a great place to buy fresh steamed crabs. The crabs were good size and not too expensive for a tourist town. My wife is a Baltimore native who loves to pick crabs and she gave these a big thumbs up. My only suggestion would be to call before stopping by so you can confirm they have fresh crabs in stock and if you order by phone it will definitely save you some time. We learned the hard way by ordering at the store, being told it would be 30 minutes, then waiting 60 minutes before we finally got our crabs. However we can’t complain too much because they were definitely worth the wait. The large crabs were 4-5” across and filled with a lot of meat. We did not find one bad crab in the 2 dozen we ordered. The restaurant also offers dine-in options and a variety of fresh sea food, however we only ordered crabs. One last piece of advice, make sure to ask for extra paper and seasoning.

IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

So sorry to hear about your longer than expected wait. We're glad you enjoyed the crabs though! Thank you for sticking it out.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We ordered food from I Got Your Crabs for our wedding rehearsal dinner and the service was above excellent. We ordered large quantities of crabs, clams, and shrimp, and added some corn and potatoes and had them steamed before we picked them up. Every single item was excellent and steamed to perfection and everyone at our rehearsal dinner loved the food. One couple at our dinner had actually had lunch at the restaurant and was excited to be eating their food twice in one day. The prices were excellent, food was outstanding, and the staff was very helpful and accommodating.

The only suggestion I would make is to increase the estimates of food needed for larger parties. We called ahead to get an estimate of how much food we would require for our party and we ran out of food pretty quickly (I, the bride, had 2 shrimp, 2 clams, and a couple of potatoes and my groom had about the same because we had everyone else go ahead of us in case we completely ran out of food). Thank goodness we had also ordered several large pizzas for the kids because about half of the adults also ended up eating a piece of pizza or two. Our experience would have been absolutely perfect had we had about 20-25% more food (and our party is not full of big eaters but everyone did not even get to taste the crab). I realize it's very difficult to estimate food for large parties but I would certainly suggest increasing the recommendations (we were feeding 18-20 adults).

We can't wait until our next visit to the OBX to pay I Got Your Crabs another visit and are actually planning to purchase some gift certificates for a few of our wedding vendors who are locals as a special "thanks." The food and friendly staff cannot be beat!

Thank you for your suggestion! We love that you included us in such an important day. We can't wait for you to come to the Outer Banks again.

Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

We have eaten with you 6 times since your openning and have yet to be disappointed. The crab soup, fresh crabmeat, and crab salad are all fantastic. My wife loves your shrimp and fresh steamed vegatables. Picked 2 dozen jumbos the other night with friends and all was perfect. Rocky was an excellent server. Keep working on those equipment kinks ( every new restaurant has) and we will keep enjoying the delicious fresh local seafood and genuine hospitality!!

IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

It's exciting to have regulars already and we're glad you're one of them! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.