“Real Italian Food”

Ranked #5 of 72 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 19, 2018

The first time we tried to get in at 7:00pm there was a long wait, so the next time we tried we made sure to get there when it opened at 5:00pm. Guess what? There was already a line waiting to get in! It's a small restaurant and from what I gathered the menu changes weekly. We had a stuffed pepperoni roll appetizer (4 small slices), my husband -- a chicken marsala specialty dish, and me -- a Sicilian pasta dish of rigatoni smothered in a bolognese sauce, hardboiled egg, eggplant chunks, pieces of mozzarella and homemade sausage slices. A bottle of Chianti accompanied the meal. Both were very good, however in the middle of the night either the pepperoni, or spicy sausage, got me and I was thankful to have packed Tums. I took a slice of no flour chocolate cake back to the hotel room and it was the best dessert I had on vacation! Everything tasted fresh and was definitely worth the wait. Mangia!

1  Thank Light540

Reviewed June 19, 2018

Took some friends who live in the area but never ate here. Start with a parmesean encrusted shrimp appetizer, then follow up with Apple Gorgonzola or Palmero Pear salad and get ready to smell and taste real Italy with Josephine's Combo of Mamas meatballs, homemade sausage and pasta with a chunky bolognese sauce. They also have fantastically prepared Italian dishes of veal, chicken and seafood. Some what small so you will have to wait but really worth it.

1  Thank Gregg-Midlo
Reviewed June 18, 2018

I have always craved seafood at the beach so it was hard for me to go to an Italian place. BUT.....once I did, I now have to eat here every trip to OBX. Everything is excellent. You can't go wrong with any of the chicken or veal dishes. Yum! We will be back!

1  Thank OBXLover08
Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

My family and I were looking for a Italian restaurant during our stay. We read a review or two and decided to go. We did have to wait, however that was not long. The restaurant is tiny and dark. It was difficult to read the menu and the staff was friendly but slow.

Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

The staff was so personable and friendly, the girls made it a hit right from the start! Check the menu weekly, as it changes. The dipping oil and bread were delicious, the mussels in a white wine garlic sauce were perfect as was the blue cheese salad( enough for 3) I had the fettuccine with chicken and my husband had the fettuccine with shrimp, both were delicious. Cheese cake and cannoli for desserts, both excellent!
Get there early or expect a wait but it’s well worth it!

1  Thank karenlP2248BO