“Great food and unique atmosphere”

Josephine's Sicilian Kitchen
Ranked #13 of 67 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2014

This place is very unusual for Outer Banks. I just never expected to see a sicilian place out here. Once you leave NY and NJ you just do not expect to find a good Sicilian/Italian place out there. However, Josephine's exceeded my expectations and I loved it. Its a little bit dark and everytime someone walks in to a restaurant the outside bright light kind of blinds you for a second if you sitting at the bar, but if you get a table away from the door you are fine. Place was packed, food was very good,deffenatly worth to visit.

1  Thank Vincent Z

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Friends of mine first introduced me to Josephine's and we were floored with how delicious the food was. I got the lasagna, my husband got veal and we were both satisfied with the quality and quantity of the food. We got the fried ravioli and I could have ordered multiple orders in one sitting- and is the best on the beach for sure! It was a very generous portion and not lacking in taste at all.

Keep in mind that Josephine's is open a limited number of days and limited hours which gives you a specific window of time to get to which sometimes is inconvenient- but making time to get there is so worth it! My husband and I arrive 15 minutes before it opens so we can get a table due to it filling up very quickly!

Overall, very delicious and worth going to while you're here!

1  Thank 412toOBX
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Got a tip from a local who said we'd enjoy it, that's an understatement. Got there early (5ish) and was seated immediately at the last available table - Soon after our arrival there was a short wait - Small dining area, lots of charm. Very limited menu, only about five entrees as I recall: Ordered the pepperoni bread as an app, it was delicious, took another order home. We both ordered the pasta entree which came with both meatballs and sausage: Sausage slightly spicy, meatballs huge and full of flavor, both were homemade and along with the sauce, absolutely delicious. Could not finish, generous portions, enjoyed ourselves the next day with our left overs. Coming from Rhode Island we boost about having great Italian restaurants, and we do, but, this place is one of the best Italian meals I have ever had, anywhere. I understand you can eat at the bar as well, something we always entertain, rather than waiting, if possible. In support of the local's recommendation, the TripAdvisor reviews were very complimentary - A must go for us.

1  Thank Peter M
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Love the atmosphere at Josephine's and previous meals were much better than our most recent trip. I heard that Josy (the owner and head cook) was not working the night we visited, and the food was Just not as good. We might try it again, but was a bit disappointed this trip.

1  Thank Theklug
Reviewed June 6, 2014

A place where the natives dine. This smallish locally owned restaurant has a fantastic atomsphere and an interesting menu. The meals were very good and the marinara sauce very much to our liking. The only down side is that the restaurant is small and reservations are a must to avoid a long wait. Also if you are looking for a quiet place to have a romantic dinner this is probably not the spot. The tables are quite close and if there are any large parties their noise level can be somewhat overwhelming. Just have a little more wine and relax. The meals were very good.

2  Thank Mengerrie