“Delicious food, great service, happy staff and welcoming owner!”
Review of Bonnie's Bagels - CLOSED

Bonnie's Bagels
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: New York style bagels, coffee, smoothies, Boar's Head Deli, and Gluten-Free sandwiches.
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Delicious food, great service, happy staff and welcoming owner!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed in Kitty Hawk for the 2013 Taste of the Beach. Bonnie's Bagels participated in the event and we bought tickets for the Saturday Bagel Making and Brunch event. We bought tickets to five events for different days and this was one of mine and my husband's favorites.

This event not only allowed for a good time and the opportunity to enjoy an abundance of tasty food, but it also gave us the chance to discover a new place that we will definitely return to for a good breakfast or lunch, or pick up bagels and breads to enjoy later.

It was interesting to watch and participate in the making of bagels that morning. Our group was then treated to a large brunch with great variety. There was more than enough available to make everyone happy and we all walked away quite full. We also enjoyed a variety of beverages with our meal. Bonnie was a great hostess.

All the staff were great and Bonnie was a true delight. While we enjoyed our brunch and took advantage of the on-site WIFI, the business appeared to be quite popular with plenty of patrons coming and going, and enjoying food in the restaurant and out on the front patio.

Don't miss this great little shop. Delicious bagels and much, much more.

• Visited March 2013

huntersville
“Great Bagel!”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

It's hard to find a good breakfast place on the go. But we ended finding the perfect spot.

We not only went there one morning, we ended up going there the next morning too. The bagels were awesome and they offered a variety of different flavors. First morning we ordered: Rosemary Olive Bagel (amazing flavor...not too powerful, just right), French Toast Bagel - came with hot syrup on the side) and Asiago Cheese. All were so good we had to visit again the next day.

The staff remembered us and welcomed us back too. Very nice! This time we ordered the Whole Wheat Everything (great blend of ingredients), Sun-dried Tomato, and Sesame. All of them were great, but there was something about the French Toast bagel. It was so good and it’s much better than the other places that serve it. Give it a try!

If you’re not in a hurry to get on the road, the inside is very welcoming to sit and read the paper or just relax. We will be back when we are in the area again.

• Visited December 2012
Wilmington
“Great Bagels and Amazing Service”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I ordered a French Toast bagel toasted with pork roll, double egg, and cheese. The bagel itself was like stepping into sugary heaven, being buttered then toasted on the grill. My bagel was done within 5 minutes of ordering, can't beat that. That and a coffee made for an excellent morning of surfing on Black Friday. Highly reccomend this local small business!!

• Visited November 2012
Southern Shores, North Carolina
“Handling of bagels and money”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Employees that handle bagels also handle money with no gloves or tissue to pick bagels up and bag.....unacceptable!

Visited November 2012
“Never again”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

All I can say is what a disappointment. I ordered one of my favorites for lunch, a Rueben, and it was so pitiful, there was nothing there. When I finished my sandwich I had to go to Mc Donalds and order a cheeseburger. I am used to the Rueben that Lighthouse Bagels makes and since they were the previous owners I guess I was expecting the same thing, and for a lunch that cost almost $10 it just isn't worth it.

Visited August 2012