“Best Hidden Secret Of Food In The Entire Outer Banks”
Review of Seaside Gourmet - CLOSED

Seaside Gourmet
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Orchard Park, New York
“Best Hidden Secret Of Food In The Entire Outer Banks”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

The Seaside Gourmet is by far the best place that I have ever had food from in the outer banks. The local fresh seafood nightly entrees are simply delicious and are served with amazing sides. They also offer a soup of the day. BUT a wonderful part of this restaurant is that they offer a daily vegetarian special. Vegetarian is next to impossible to find in this area and the vegetarian meal is super here. The prices are fantastic for the excellent meal that you will experience. I strongly recommend Seaside Gourmet being a must!!!

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank JCW234

“Wow!”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I had the shrimp and crab enchiladas. The shrimp were huge, bed of roasted vegetables fantastic, and rice excellent. My only disappointment was that the serving was so large, I couldn't eat it all. I will be a repeat customer! Take out only.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank ZiggyMarley2
Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
“Most delicious food on the Outer Banks!”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I have lived in the area my entire life but somehow only weeks ago I discovered this local gem. After deciding to look the menu up online, I was impressed. They offer a great selection for seafood lovers and vegetarians alike, of which my boyfriend and I are the latter.

We have already tried several of their rotating daily specials and staple menu items. If you stop by on a Wednesday, you MUST try the mediterranean vegetable platter. Loaded with nan, perfectly sautéed veggies, rice, hummus and the most delicious lemon dill yogurt sauce, it is nothing short of amazing.

The only very small drawbacks are the semi-high prices (though each entree is large enough to be shared between 2 non-greedy people), and the food is takeout only (though most of the time I hop over to the beach right behind the restaurant to eat).

The staff and chef are so friendly even offering to make my beloved Mediterranean vegetable platter on days it is not offered. It's a great place, especially for vegetarians whose options are few and far between in the area.
So glad I finally tried it!

1 Thank GirlofCharades
Mount Holly, New Jersey
“yum!”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I LOVE this place. I go to the outer banks every June with friends and I do not eat meat or seafood. I am thrilled that there is a place with vegan options. I wish I could eat here more than once a year! The food is delicious and the staff were very friendly last time I was there.

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank JuliaC333
Nags Head, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Some of the most flavorful food on the OBX”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

My friends and I get food from here pretty often even though it's way up the beach from where I live. It's the only food that I will battle tourist traffic to eat, and it's even better in winter when I don't have a case of road rage when I arrive :)

I feel like there are so many tourist trap restaurants around that have terrible, poorly cooked food, and there are only a few really good restaurants. This is one of the few. I'm not a vegetarian, but I will scarf down their veggie dishes when I'm not in the mood for fish. And the fish is to die for- always cooked perfectly and full of flavor... everything I've tried there is deliciously saucy and full of flavor.

The people are friendly even when you know they're being slammed with orders, and they seem to have a loyal local customer base since I see some of the same people when I go n there, and I think that says a lot. Worth checking out, though note that this isn't a sit down restaurant, though there are some chairs outside :)

• Visited November 2011