“Helpful and encouraging”

Outer Banks Yoga and Pilates
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to our little oasis of peace here in the Outer Banks. We have created a nurturing and conscious environment filled with art and inspiration. Our internationally trained, creative instructors offer gentle, restorative and inspired vinyasa flow classes ranging from meditative to vigorous. Our Pilates mat classes will challenge you and keep your core happy and healthy, and a variety of workshops and retreats allow exploration into self-discovery on and off the mat.
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time doing yoga. The instructor was helpful and encouraging. It was a beginners/gentle class and at perfect speed. There were about10ppl in class at different levels so we just moved and proceeded at our own speeds. I think 15 was a little pricey, at home, I looked it up, it's $10for drop in, I guess we r paying for a "vacation" experience ...they offer 3 days for 42 etc...but overall, I enjoyed it . I may go to "karma" yoga, where they ask u to bring non perishable items for local food bank, that works for some of my extras that don't need to go home! Enjoy.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

The studio was what I expected pretty much. Class ran on time which was important as well. Will be sure to stop back in next time I am in outer banks!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

As of late, Outer Banks Yoga has become part of my "must do" while visiting the Outer Banks. The classes are fantastic (although usually run long in my experience), staff are patient and knowledgeable (I've had yoga classes with Anne and Marty), and the studio has a very peaceful "vibe."

I first learned about Outer Banks Yoga while planning my wedding. I wanted to set up a special yoga class for my wedding guests. The studio is across from the Hilton Garden Inn in Kitty Hawk, which was very convenient. Anne was assigned as our instructor - she was very helpful with the beginner and experienced yogis in our group. It was too windy to hold our class outside (that is an option if the weather cooperates) so we were in the studio. I felt the rate was reasonable as well. Email was the best way to communicate with the staff at the studio.

Luckily, Outer Banks Yoga is open year round. The schedule of classes is kept up-to-date on their website (www.outerbanksyoga.com/). I attended three classes while visiting in December/January - one beginner, one flow, and one "karma" class. The karma class was by donation while the other classes were $15.00 each. Mats are available to use at no extra charge. Locals and visitors alike attended the classes.

If you are searching for tranquility on the Outer Banks look no further than Outer Banks Yoga.

1  Thank Christina H
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I was just walking by to check out the shopping area, reading the class information, and a kind person opened the door to say, "we are just starting a class- would you like to join us?" Even though the instructor and the one other student clearly knew each other, I was made to feel welcome and comfortable, and enjoyed the class very much. Class schedule is somewhat limited, otherwise would have given 5 stars.

2  Thank ChooseToThrive
Reviewed September 10, 2012

email was great, but when we arrived, i called. my call was never returned and i was very let down. perhaps next year i will try again.

pilates is the greatest and i have to say that it has made quite a difference in my life. this is worth saying, as i feel that outer banks yoga and pilates has something great to offer. i'm sorry that i didn't get a chance to experience it, this time around. there's always next year :-)

1  Thank parismomm