“Excellent Bagels and Sandwiches”
Review of Max's Bagels - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Brooklyn, New York
“Excellent Bagels and Sandwiches”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Alot of people seem to criticize the service here, but frankly, the service is actually very reminiscent of living in Brooklyn, so it didn't bother me a bit. She wasn't rude, just very to-the-point. Not a problem and kind of funny, actually. The BAGELS WERE AWESOME. THE BEST I'VE EVER HAD. So ignore those reviews, the bagels are great.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Fluffins

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best bagels outside new York.”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We've been coming to Max's Bagels for 10 years or so - delicious and fresh. It's Max's where I learned what a salt bagel was. Amazing if you crave salt as some of us do.

I don't try to hit on the ladies behind the counter and I'm an ok driver, so I know how to park in their lot.

For the genius who didn't like the selection available two things;order the day before or drag yourself out of bed earlier to get the full selection!

I rarely write a review for places, but se of these reviews are plainly wrong so I gotta speak up!

1 Thank calvinrosson
“Terrible”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I just had the worst experience here....I have grown up on the OBX and have been treated rudely every time I have set foot in max's by the owner I believe....but today was the last time. I went in with my 2 friends they were helped and then I was left standing there. If you are going to use 2 registers use them! The man behind me was helped so I got my friends and left! My family owns several businesses on the OBX a restaurant being one...if you can't be nice don't deal with the public go file some papers...I'm surprised they are still in business as rude as that women is...if you go here just know don't expect much from those ungrateful people!!!

“Rude, horrible service!!!”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Too bad b/c the bagels are pretty decent here but I will never go back thanks to the rude people that work there. I have been multiple times out of convenience but will now put my foot down. The first time I went this trip we were spoken to so rudely and the lady acted like we were a bother to be there. The second time we were headed out of town with my almost two year old and were totally disregarded and skipped over while others were served... Besides the rude people it takes FOREVER to get your food.

1 Thank megalicious24
Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
“Good bagel sandwiches”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Marsha makes a nice sandwich, I should stop in more. the review from Brian made me laugh, he is made at the parking lot and worried because he can't drive well, hysterical or sad. The bagels are real and made in the back and not in huge batches. If you are in Kitty Hawk it's worth a stop.

• Visited March 2012