“Rude, horrible service!!!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Max's Bagels
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Too bad b/c the bagels are pretty decent here but I will never go back thanks to the rude people that work there. I have been multiple times out of convenience but will now put my foot down. The first time I went this trip we were spoken to so rudely and the lady acted like we were a bother to be there. The second time we were headed out of town with my almost two year old and were totally disregarded and skipped over while others were served... Besides the rude people it takes FOREVER to get your food.

1  Thank megalicious24

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Marsha makes a nice sandwich, I should stop in more. the review from Brian made me laugh, he is made at the parking lot and worried because he can't drive well, hysterical or sad. The bagels are real and made in the back and not in huge batches. If you are in Kitty Hawk it's worth a stop.

Reviewed October 26, 2011

This is the only bagel shop worth eating at on the Outer Banks. Avoid NY Bagel at all costs. These bagels at Max's are fresh and have the perfect consistency. The run out quickly though so get there early....I guess you never know how many bagels will sell on a given day but believe me......very much worth a visit.

Reviewed July 7, 2011

I decided to add Max's to TripAdvisor and write a review to have people steer clear of this place. You're better off getting bagels from a supermarket. We went on a Friday at 10 AM, and here's what we found:

--Very limited parking, with a parking lot that is waiting for a fender-bender and/or pedestrian injury to happen;
--A decent-looking number of bagel bins for different varieties...but most of the bins were empty, or nearly so (again--Friday at 10 AM!!), and they were small to begin with;
--A downright nasty person at the counter;
--And the bagels themselves? The very definition of "rolls with holes". If you know what good bagels are like, this is the farthest you could get from them and still be edible. On the other hand, if you enjoy slightly sweet, soft rolls with holes, go for it! The biggest joke is that they call themselves "Max's Real Bagels" and they are nowhere near real.

1  Thank brian14leonard