“Great Sushi!”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 7, 2013

To start, this place isn't called Asian Bistro anymore it is now called Sanya (or something like that).

Pros: This place has wonderful sushi at very reasonable prices. The lunch special that I got was 3 rolls of sushi for $11. Plenty for my wife and I to share. Their deluxe sushi items are bit more pricey but creative and delicious.

Cons: The miso soup and salad that can accompany their dishes are terrible! The "Italian" dressing on my salad tasted like coleslaw dressing...really really bad coleslaw dressing. The miso soup seemed to be made from a gross rehydrated paste and it had to be stirred every couple of seconds or it would separate.

Overall: I will definitely be back. I'll avoid the salad and soup, but the sushi is well worth coming back for.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

The server was very friendly. We were using a restaurant.com certificate and sometimes we get an attitude when we whip out the paper. We would have never known about this without restaurant.com and is a good advertising tool for restaurants. Unfortunately some servers give us less than good service and it was not the case during this visit. My husband ordered sushi and said it was some of the best, freshest he's had when visiting the Outer Banks. I had the Shrimp Chow Mein and there was a lot of very tender shrimp, a variety of vegetables, and a light sauce. It wasn't the heavy, salty sauce you frequently get in restaurants. If you like the heavy salty sauce and limp vegetables this isn't the meal for you to order. We will return again even without a certificate!

1  Thank pitt_twins
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This place is great - it is spelled wrong and is Sanya in Kitty Hawk. Good value, friendly and the food is wonderful!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I heard from a friend that we needed to go to Sanya's because it was WONDERFUL. We took his advice and we enjoyed our dinner so much we went back two nights later to try other items. What this also means is we had their food 4 nights in a row because on Tuesday night when we went we had enough left-overs for Wednesday night and when we went Thursday night we had enough left-overs for Friday night. Not only is the food great but the portions are enough for two meals! I needed a gift certicate and they were able to help me with that too. We had really been wanting a nice Asian Restaurant, not one of those that has the same menu on the wall at the mall. Sanya's is exactly that, a nice sit down restaurant with friendly servers and a nice atmosphere. Gracious, I think we need to get ready and go to Sanya's.....all this talking about their food has made me hungry!

Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

We love Japanese and Chinese. We were here when the old owners did a poor job of food and service. Now it rocks!! I took my 9 and 11 year old. We tried the low mien spicy tuna roll, lettuce wraps and general chow chicken. OMG. Service was great and food was awesome. Prices reasonable and we had plenty of leftovers.