“man without smile should not open shop....proverb”
Review of Sanya

Sanya
Ranked #19 of 68 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Outer Banks, NC
“man without smile should not open shop....proverb”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

the impersonal and unfriendly charm, is not really what we want. I have to say the food is better than average as is the prices. We just choose to go to places that are friendly and welcoming.

• Visited October 2011

Corolla, North Carolina
“Great food, always seating and very affordable.”
Reviewed December 31, 2011

This is a great place to eat for all. Family friendly but also good for groups and couples. Lots of seating.

Box Elder, South Dakota
“Excellent and they understand Gluten Free”
Reviewed November 24, 2011

I discovered this restaurant this past year. I love it. I live in Manteo and will travel 25 minutes to have Asian here! They recently made my husband and I gluten-free General Tso's chicken. DELICIOUS! They are very nice, service is excellent and so is the food. Finally, a chinese place (and other asian food) that knows how the dishes should be made. It is not the usual OBX bland chinese. Their Pad Thai is great too. I love the lunch specials and they way they serve them. I keep asking them to open another location in Manteo! Oh, and the atmosphere is the absolute nicest I have ever seen in a chinese restaurant. Very upscale!

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank local20
South Florida, Florida
“Best Sushi in OBX”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

My brother takes me here every time I visit and he gets to pay! (Love that guy!). We both love sushi and find the food is fresh and delicious. The rolls are fun and creative and nicely discounted during the off season. Their use of mango, crab, softshell crab and spicy tuna is unique. I love their masago sauce and it is an item I typically would not eat. They receive an A for presentation.They give a 10% locals discount too and off season discount menu!

Service is great and with a smile. Wine and beer is reasonable and food is priced right. The Chinese menu looks quite good and would love to try it if I could only stop eating the sushi!!

• Visited November 2011
Hightown
“Great Sushi !! Great Chinese !!”
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I truly recommend you dine at the Asian Bistro. Visiting OBX for a week, we tried various restaurants. Our last night, we wanted to dine at Asian Bistro. We are so pleased we did and sorry we did not find this restaurant earlier in the week to have been able to dine more than once.

The sushi was one of the best we have ever eaten. It was fresh and flavorful, having various combinations of ingredients. I had a Spicy Tuna Roll, Kitty Roll and a Man in Black Roll. Two of our friends shared the Love Boat. They raved about it.

My husband ordered Mongolian Beef. He said it was the most flavorful dish he had ever ordered; just right and spicy. Two more friends ordered chicken stir fry dishes (don't know which dishes), but they were very pleased with their flavorful dishes.

• Visited October 2011