Barrier Island Station at Kitty Hawk
$209
GardenInn.com
$119
$103
Driftin' Sands Motel(Kill Devil Hills)
$129
$135
Sea Ranch Resort(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
$181
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
$110
$185
QualityInn
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
$135
Beach Haven(Kitty Hawk)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewstime sharefishing pondnice resortgreat vacationexercise roomthe indoor water parkpaddle boatsouter bankswalmartbeachsilverwaredumpster
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed here last week for our baby moon. Our intent was to get away to somewhere peaceful and just relax. This was definitely the place for it. I have never been to OBX in the summer but I can only imagine how crowded it probably gets. I am glad we went here for Christmas and not a summer vacation. It was very quiet and you almost forget you are in the OBX because this is somewhat secluded in the woods. They have screened in porches so I bet there are probably alot of bugs in the summer. I didnt see anything flying or crawling while we were there and that made me very happy. We had a one bedroom. It came with a full kitchen (stove, microwave, dishwasher, and refridgerator), kitchen supplies, two bathrooms (showers in both), jacuzzi, king size bed, and pull out couch. The couch was not that comfortable but I blame it on the pull out. We were greeted with an opened can of orange soda still in the fridge but sometimes things get overlooked. The washer/dryer and iron/ironing board is shared with your neighbor. Luckily we didnt have any neighbors. My only gripes were that you had to pay for the WIFI in your room. We decided not to pay for it and just used the tethering option on my phone to connect to my tablet when we needed to do some web surfing. We did not use any of the onsite amenities such as the gym, pool, or fishing pond. I recommend visiting the wright brothers memorial and the lost colony while you are in town. This place is behind the Walmart and Harris Teeter. The walmart is pretty small for my standards but it has the essentials.

If you are looking for a peaceful getaway during the OBX off season then this place is great. Alot of restaurants that are listed on tripadvisor are closed during the off season so please be aware of that.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jonesse3
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We just got back from Barrier Island Station at Kitty Hawk. We were mainly interested in doing some fishing from the piers on the Outer Banks. The piers south of Nags Head were unavailable due to problems from Sandy. But it was so cold and windy during the week we were there that we couldn't fish on any of the piers on the northern end. Thank goodness the resort was nice. We had a great room with a comfortable bed and nice water pressure in the shower and sinks--plenty of hot water. We found several good restaurants which we would recommend to anyone coming here. Kill Devil Grill, Bernie's and Henry's were exceptional. We were a little disappointed in La Fogata. The food seemed a little bland although it was fresh. We had hoped there would be free WiFi in our room but we had to be content with sitting in the front reception area and visiting the public library. We would recommend that November is not a good time to come here and will try to visit earlier next time around.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Karen S
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was envited to stay here. Never been here before. Never wanted to leave. The place I was at had a diningroom,livingroom,kitchen open floor plan. One bedroom and bath. A back deck. Washer and dryer that we shared with our neighbors that had their own place with an upper loft. Our neighbors were also the people that envited us and were paying for everything. It was like having 2 apts side by side.
The resort has a indoor pool and outdoor pool. Plenty of parking spaces with our own personal squirrel that cleans up the nuts falling from the trees. There are grills,too. You can bike or walk the trail. Spa,rec room with a pool table and ping pong. This place is located in the woods but it's close to the ocean and right behind a walmart and Harris Teeter grocery store. You have to drive to the beach but there is a special parking lot just for guest of the Barrier Island Station. You will feel like your in the woods, when you only minutes from the ocean. Very peacefull.
I never wanted to leave.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank natlite
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed in 1 bdrm week of 9/23-9/29/12. Check in easy, but had to pay $33 fee due to staying less than 7 days :(. A little hard to figure out the condo #'s, but once we did, the unit was nice for 2 people. Units are in the woods, in a private, rustic setting.
Did not use any of the amenities, but pool & tennis available.
No internet in the unit. Had to go to local McD's to check emails.
Bed was not the most comfortable, but got used to it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Had a 1 bedroom here from 09/14/12- 09/21/12 was exremely satisfied. The info said we had
only a " mini " kitchen which I thought meant only a microwave and a bar fridge. But we had a full size fridge, a stove ( no oven ) and a charcoal bbq just outside our door. The unit had a large bedroom with tv. The rest of the unit had a dining area ( for 4 ) , a fairly large counter space and cupboards to prepare meals. We enjoyed the seclusion after busy days on the beach or shopping. The resort has its own parking area across from the beach as parking is a bit of a headache along the beach road.Nice large pool area and several other options for activities if
you were looking for something to do ( tennis, basketball, horseshoes etc. ) They also had a group activity most days. Walmart is within walking distance, Food Lion and Harris Teeter are close by as is ABC liquors, a fish market and numerous restaurants a short drive away. We thoroughly enjoyed our week here and would return.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple