“Great for 9 hole vacation outing”

Sea Scape Links Golf Course
More attraction details
Owner description: A popular golf course in the Outer Banks region that was designed by Art Wall, the 1959 Masters champion.
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We went for the 9-hole afternoon rate with a foursome on Labor Day weekend. For $30 a player, cart included, it was a great rate. Some of the group hadn't played often, so we played scramble-style and had a very enjoyable time. The course is wide enough to be forgiving, but laid out well enough to be challenging. Don't let the name fool you, there are no sea views. I also played Nags Head Golf Links on this trip and wish I had returned to Sea Scape for 18 instead of going to Nags Head. It is another course that is just part of a subdivision of homes, but reasonable as a round while part of a larger family vacation at OBX.

1  Thank 10dayloop

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I got a tee time on--line as a single, but I had to wait until an odd group came along as they do not let singles out alone in the morning. The should not let you book a single if they cannot get them out on time.

The course was nice and the distance on the scorecard seemed much shorter than the corse played. NOt very scenic, but a decent layout. Aside from people not being able to fix ball marks the greens were some of the truest i have eve played. But they are not enough to make me want to come back to this course.

The starter was great and apologized for not being able to get me out on time, as he takes hiss cue from the management.

1  Thank armie211
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We were at the OBX for a wedding and went to this course for the bachelor party. Our group was 3 foursomes. Danny Miller and his staff really went out of thier way to ensure we had a fun outing. The course in good for both those who can play and those who just whack/hack. It is also very reasonably priced. I would go back again.

3  Thank ChiefBobk
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I really enjoyed this course. It is well laid out and very playable. Tough if you get off the fairway as the sea grass eats up balls. I had to laugh about the advertised sea views. I glimpsed the sea in the distance on one hole. You'll have to look hard. Still that doesn't take away from the enjoyment of the course. It is picturesque otherwise. They do a good job of getting you on the course and ensuring that you are enjoying it. All of the staff that I met were wonderful. Very friendly and helpful.

Would definitely recommend and would enjoy replaying the next time I go out.

2  Thank winpop
See more reviews
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Sea Scape is a reasonably priced alternative to some of the more expensive courses on the Outer Banks. Of course, it is not as plush as are some of those, but it is really a very nice golf course. It is a bit short, particularly the back side, and it is odd to have two of the first three holes be par 5's (and the 1 and 3 handicaps!) and to have back to back par 3's on the back, but it really plays well and is a nice little course for vacation golf.

1  Thank Cambria5