“Do Not Stay here”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Kinston
Four Oaks, North Carolina
“Do Not Stay here”
Reviewed October 25, 2010

This hotel was the nastiest hotel I've ever stayed at. We had to ask for 2 different comforters because there were not clean. The room was not clean at all, It looked like they haven't vacuumed the floor in months. The one staff member was very rude. I will never stay at any other Econo Lodge.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank cclilbit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
white plains maryland
Reviewed July 4, 2010

I can not believe this is going on in the US, this place is a nightmare. Smells bad, looks bad, customer service is out of control, very rude people. I only stayed there do to a family member wishes. I will never in my life time, stay in this hotel or any other Echo Lodge and that is due to my stay at the Echo Lodge in Kinston NC. The old saying is you should not judge a book my its cover, Never, Never, Never again, and if you all are thinking about it, please don't do, stay away.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank dlkobi

Travelers are raving about these Kinston hotels

Wake Forest
Reviewed October 27, 2009

The most disgusting and filthiest motel I've ever seen. My room had COCKROACHES in the room. The light socket had been ripped out and kleenex was stuffed in the hole. Dirty and smelly room. After I checked in I turned around and checked right back out. One of the other rooms had a slug on the bed covers! Spiderwebs everywhere. No telling what was on those sheets - ooohhh no thank you! To top it off the lady from India that worked the front desk was rude and hateful! Don't stay there. I recommend the Hampton Inn which is right across the street. It was so much better!!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank mrsnhl
Hertford
Reviewed April 9, 2009

I do volunteer K9 Search and Rescue work so I have stayed in some pretty bad motels - but this one was absolutely the worst I have been in. I requested a non-smoking room, but when I got to the room it reeded of smoke. I asked for a room change and they said they had non available even though there were fewer than 25 cars in the parking lot. They loaned me air freshener - but reluctantly. My shoes stuck to the floor carpet! I really was afraid of "critters" in bed with me or in the room. When I first checked in my K9 was no problem; when I went back to complain about the room, they tried to charge me for the K9, Very reluctantly, they did not charge for him. The airconditioner/fan was like a truck coming through the room and there was rap music going all night plus what sounded like a dog howling all night. All in all, a TERRIBLE place tostay - don't go there under any circumstances.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank browniesperry
prakash r, General Manager at River Inn, responded to this review, September 7, 2015
First I did not find your room and if you respond the date and room number I can explain what
happen and see how we can rectify this misunderstanding