“NEVER STAY HERE!!!”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Kinston
winston salem nc
“NEVER STAY HERE!!!”
Reviewed October 24, 2011

The party started at midnight in all the rooms around us, loud music, cursing, fighting, yelling, etc. called the front desk over and over and did not get answer till 4 am and was told to just call the police. I left at 4:30 am and just drove 4 hours home so I could sleep. I have called and asked for the manager to call me to discuss the issue but so far he has not. the experience was so bad that I have called the corportate office to complain. I travel a lot for my job, and this was the worse!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank terry693

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Kennesaw, Georgia
Reviewed September 25, 2011

This place is filthy, moldy and run down. There are exposed electrical wiries, holes in walls, cracked tiles in the bath, stains on carpet, smell of mildew and mold, beer cans lying around the grounds as well as piles of trash strewn about the grounds. There is a bicycle in the lobby next to the breakfast bar. It has the feel of a New Delhi slum. I'm still looking for the goat. I know there must be one tied up somewhere.

Room Tip: Inspect the room before you accept it. Don't be afraid to demand another room when you find the...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank mdhyre
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I stayed here for a training session in Kinston. I've always had good experiences with EconoLodges before, so I chose this place..
The overall cleanliness isn't bad- everything seems pretty clean, no bed bugs or anything like that. The carpeting and upholstery is stained, but it looks old and stained from use- not necessarily "dirty" per se. It's kind of humid, though, making the tiles feel sticky and gross and some of the furniture was a bit gross and dusty upon arrival. The sheets seem pretty clean though and the maids have come daily to refresh the room. Tv is old, but adequate. Minifridge and microwave are clean. Location isn't bad and seems to be safe. Overall, not bad. Will do for a short stay.
I said that I wouldn't recommend it only because you could probably do better for the area. I just picked this one because it was the most economical in the situation.

• Stayed August 2011
Four Oaks, North Carolina
Reviewed October 25, 2010

This hotel was the nastiest hotel I've ever stayed at. We had to ask for 2 different comforters because there were not clean. The room was not clean at all, It looked like they haven't vacuumed the floor in months. The one staff member was very rude. I will never stay at any other Econo Lodge.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank cclilbit
white plains maryland
Reviewed July 4, 2010

I can not believe this is going on in the US, this place is a nightmare. Smells bad, looks bad, customer service is out of control, very rude people. I only stayed there do to a family member wishes. I will never in my life time, stay in this hotel or any other Echo Lodge and that is due to my stay at the Echo Lodge in Kinston NC. The old saying is you should not judge a book my its cover, Never, Never, Never again, and if you all are thinking about it, please don't do, stay away.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank dlkobi
Wake Forest
Reviewed October 27, 2009

The most disgusting and filthiest motel I've ever seen. My room had COCKROACHES in the room. The light socket had been ripped out and kleenex was stuffed in the hole. Dirty and smelly room. After I checked in I turned around and checked right back out. One of the other rooms had a slug on the bed covers! Spiderwebs everywhere. No telling what was on those sheets - ooohhh no thank you! To top it off the lady from India that worked the front desk was rude and hateful! Don't stay there. I recommend the Hampton Inn which is right across the street. It was so much better!!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank mrsnhl
Hertford
Reviewed April 9, 2009

I do volunteer K9 Search and Rescue work so I have stayed in some pretty bad motels - but this one was absolutely the worst I have been in. I requested a non-smoking room, but when I got to the room it reeded of smoke. I asked for a room change and they said they had non available even though there were fewer than 25 cars in the parking lot. They loaned me air freshener - but reluctantly. My shoes stuck to the floor carpet! I really was afraid of "critters" in bed with me or in the room. When I first checked in my K9 was no problem; when I went back to complain about the room, they tried to charge me for the K9, Very reluctantly, they did not charge for him. The airconditioner/fan was like a truck coming through the room and there was rap music going all night plus what sounded like a dog howling all night. All in all, a TERRIBLE place tostay - don't go there under any circumstances.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank browniesperry
prakash r, General Manager at River Inn, responded to this review, September 7, 2015
First I did not find your room and if you respond the date and room number I can explain what
happen and see how we can rectify this misunderstanding
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kinston
Quality Inn
The O'Neil Hotel
The O'Neil Hotel
#1 of 2 in Kinston
Americas Best Value Inn - Goldsboro

Been to River Inn? Share your experiences!