“Great dinner!”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Herritage & Gordon
Reviewed December 20, 2012

My husband and I visited with my husbands parents. We had a wonderfully prepated meal. The food excellent and the staff knowledgeable and attentive. Probably one of the best places to dine anywhere. Defineately the best place to dine the immediate area.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

In a small town in eastern North Carolina sits one of the most delightful restaurants we've ever eaten in. Featuring imaginative dishes prepared from local ingredients, Chef and the Farmer never fails to satisfy. If you are ever close to this part of the world, it is worth a side trip to find it.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is my favorite fine dinning restaurant. The atmosphere is fantastic, warm and very inviting.
The menu is always a wonderful in season surprise. The food is phenominal, very very good food. My daughter and son in law live in Raleigh and when they come home to Goldsboro they always want to go to the Chef and The Farmer. In the words of my son in law, there's no Chef and Farmer in Raleigh. I love this place, not your typical restaurant.

1  Thank Karen V
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The atmosphere is phenominal, service was personable and attentive. Loved the unique menu using really fresh ingredients with interesting combinations. I will visit whenever in eastern N.C. Cannot wait to return. P.s. great wine list as well..

1  Thank dgkibler
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is approximately the third time we have visited this restaurant. It is about 40 minutes from our home and I must say it absolutely is worth the drive. The decor is beautiful with exposed brick on the walls and an open kitchen. The staff can't be beat. Justin was our server and he was very knowledgeable and personable. The menu is limited and varies based on the market which is what makes it so unique. When you enter the restaurant, there is a chalkboard listing the local farms that are providing all the food for that day. There is something for everyone at this place. This is a real gem. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for something a little different. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Maryann F