“great food”

King's Restaurant Incorporated
Ranked #4 of 77 Restaurants in Kinston
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: King's BBQ and Chicken serves Eastern NC BBQ; traditional vinegar based, hand chopped pork BBQ. We serve the best sweet/spicy BBQ ribs and BBQ chicken in Kinston. Locally sourced vegetables including collards, turnip greens, cabbage, black eyed peas, and candied yams. Visit our main location on E. New Bern road and enjoy Lou-Lou's Oyster Bar. It is located inside King's and serves up local steamed oysters, crab legs, steamed shrimp and much more. We also have three take-out locations on Vernon ave, North Queen str, and finally Kingold blvd in Snow Hill.
Gloucester, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great food”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I love the food at Kings barbecue and go there every time I am in Kinston. The barbecue is some of the best barbecue in the south.

Visited June 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
“Southern charm good food”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

If you are looking for a good southern restaurant you can find it here. The BBQ and chicken are served up with true southern sides and great hush puppies. I would go back when in town.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Food!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I had a trainee with me from the west coast who wanted to try some NC BBQ; we had business in Kinston so Kings was a first for both of us and we were equally impressed. Had the lunch buffet which was excellent. I'm picky about my BBQ and Kings is now on my "favorite bbq joints" list. Really enjoyed the banana pudding and the pineapple upside down cake too. Price was very reasonable and the service was great.

Wilson, North Carolina
“" INCORPORATED " MUST BE THE PROBLEM”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Same problems I had last time I ate here.....lack of attention to the buffet ! If you claim to be famous for your BBQ at least have some on your buffet ! Management needs to go back to the days of old Kings BBQ ! Something here is missing ! the Fried chicken was a little cold , and the rest of the buffet looked like it had been sitting there a while. I noticed a video playing showing all the employees in the kitchen in white coats , aprons and hats , yet I didn't see a one paying any attention to the buffet ! One guy who looked like a busboy or dishwasher came out to refill some items . All of the food lacked one thing ...SEASONING ! Maybe one of those " CHEFS" are recovering from a heart attack and quit using salt....but I haven't ! Bottom line.. On the way back from the beach I'll wait another 30 minutes for Mc Calls BBQ in Goldsboro..
Kings BBQ needs to go back to " OLD SCHOOL" cooking or it's the "PITS" for them !

Chicago, Illinois
“BBQ BBQ BBQ”
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Always worth a stop if passing thru kinston. Love the BBQ sandwich meal. Make sure to try banana pudding desert. Also if you go to the bathroom listen to the best bathroom music ever heard. Homily to BBQ. Hilarious

• Visited July 2012