“Adequate.”

Hampton Inn Kinston
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Kinston
Reviewed December 24, 2010

Kinston seems to be a little bit of a run-down town, and unfortunately this hotel fits in. While it was relatively clean, there were a lot of small things that needed fixing or updating. The rooms seemed dated, and gave off a depressing vibe. The gym was pitiful. There was one treadmill, which looked to be circa 1985, and it was broken when I was there - it wouldn't go above 2 mph. On the plus side, the breakfast was very good, and all of the staff were very friendly and helpful.
If you have to stay locally, there is nothing horribly wrong with this location. However, the Hampton in Greenville is only 30 minutes away, and is far nicer.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed November 19, 2010

I chose this Hampton Inn because I was going to Jacksonville with a friend and this was the only Hilton property that was close to Jacksonville without having to go out of the way. After we had been in the room for about 5 minutes, I discovered a cockroach. I informed the front desk lady who looked at me as if it was not a big deal. Once we got back to the room, the heat had died. Again, I informed the front desk (same lady) and she looked at me like it wasn't a problem. Not once did she say "I'm sorry" or anything. As a representative of the hotel, she should have at least offered an apology. So we slept in a room with no heat all night. The next morning, we were woken up early by Housekeeping making a ton of noise outside of our room. There were a few other nit picky things, but these were the main ones. I'll go out of my way next time!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank justravelin34
JustFred1974, Director of Revenue & QA at Hampton Inn Kinston, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2010

Thank you for having chosen our Hampton Inn in Kinston NC; we appreciate your business. We apologize for any short fall in service you may have received during your stay. Your comments have been shared with the staff to ensure the level of service we provide remains the best in Kinston and surrounding vicinities. As you can see from previous reviews, we work diligently every day to ensure all of our guests receive the best hotel experience while in Kinston. We hope you give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed November 4, 2010

After staying at the Extended Stay aka Homeless Shelter in Jacksonville, NC the week before, I was very skeptical of staying at another hotel. I must say that I was very pleasantly surprised with the overall cleanliness of the outside and lobby area of hotel, as well as the rooms. When I opened my room, it was like a breath of fresh air. The room was very, very clean -- no smell. The bed was so comfortable that I did not want to get up the next morning; however, I checked out early due to travel. The reservationist, Heather was very kind and polite and assisted me with directions. The only thing that I can say is "I will be back." Very, very nice. Thank you for the pleasant stay!

Ms. Charlotte, NC

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 15, 2010

This is a typical Hampton Inn, which is to say it is a dependable mid-priced night's stay. All facilities are well maintained, price is fair, if not a bargain, staff is very responsive; location out on the by-pass lacks charm but is convenient.

If you like Hampton brand, you'll like the Kinston edition.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
JustFred1974, Director of Revenue & QA at Hampton Inn Kinston, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2010

Thank you for having chosen our Hampton Inn during your stay in Kinston NC; we appreciate your business. Furthremore, we thank you for your comments; which we have shared with the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed April 30, 2010

This was a decent place to stay, it was a good value. There was a large variety for the free breakfast (not the usual continental style). My room had a microwave and mini refrigerator; however, the compressor belt was squeaky on the refrigerator so I unplugged it considering I was not using it. The staff was friendly and helpful with directions. I would recommend this hotel for Kinston. IF USING GPS use 200 New Burn Rd for the location, their listed address will take you about 7 miles away.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
JustFred1974, Director of Revenue & QA at Hampton Inn Kinston, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2010

Thank you for having chosen our Hampton Inn in Kinston NC; we appreciate your business. Our staff works diligently every day to ensure you enjoy a great hotel experience. We appreciate your comments as they will help us improve on our products and services.

Reviewed September 4, 2009

We stayed here on a whim, as we were going to a Salem Red Sox game in Kinston vs the Indians. It was one of the nicest days we had on our road trip! The hotel staff were outstanding, always friendly, and making you feel at home. The room was just right, the pool was fine, breakfast great...just a nice stay!
I'd suggest driving down the road a bit to go to King's for some great Carolina bbq-get a pig in a pup-bbq pork/cole slaw in a hush puppy-I could go for one right now!!!
My only concern was a sign at the desk posted by the police requesting guests not leave valuable out in their cars as there had been break-ins in Kinston. I assumed this was downtown, but after seeing that and having out of state plates, I was nervous, but by the time I left I felt completely safe and comfortable and had a great time here!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Terrenski
Reviewed June 19, 2009

Since the Hampton Inn in Jacksonville, NC closed down, I was left with a couple of options for Hilton family hotels in the area. I decided to try out Kinston, NC to see how things were. Having never been there before, I wasn't expecting such a small town. If you do stay here, make sure you have a vehicle as there is not much in the immediate location. You can cross the road to the Hardee's, but that is about it.

Overall the hotel was clean, quiet, and tucked away from the main intersection. Security is a priority here as the main doors are locked after 11 and you have to call the front desk from a phone in the vestibule for them to confirm you as a guest. I did have issues with the side exit door car readers. None of them worked. I tried both sides, to no avail. I would recommend this hotel as it is quiet and meets the Hampton Inn quality expectations. Breakfast could have used some work. It should have been the regular hampton hot breakfast items, but this hotel did not put any breakfast meats out on a couple days for whatever reason. Overall a solid Hampton Inn, no qualms with anything there.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank mrkinchas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kinston
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kinston
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Goldsboro - Base Area
Comfort Inn Winterville
Comfort Inn Winterville
#1 of 1 in Winterville

Been to Hampton Inn Kinston? Share your experiences!