“Crowded but clean”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Kinston
Boston, MA
“Crowded but clean”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Hampton Inn was the recommended lodging for a recent class reunion. The hotel and staff were up to Hampton standards, but the crowded common spaces were a bit unusual. Some groups appeared to take over the common spaces, which made them less useful to guests not in the group.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Georgia
Reviewed June 22, 2014

As other reviewers have noted, this was originally designed to be a different hotel. The lobby is much, much larger than typical. The rooms are big and the beds very comfortable. The breakfast was very good. We also appreciated the great cookies at check-in and the free coconut cake at night (dessert reception). However, we did have two minor annoyances. First, our thermostat went on the fritz. Despite being set at 68, our room warmed up to 76 during the night until we were able to reset it and get it cooling off again. Second, our toilet tended to run constantly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed here for a business trip and was immediately greeted by a friendly front desk clerk who even though was overwhelmed helped answer my question. My room was on the 4th floor and when entering looked to my left to see a tiny bathroom. I am a very thin build and struggled maneuvering around, in fact it was so narrow the towel/mat i put on the floor wouldn't allow me to shut the door. There wasn't a place to hold my towels so after using it once I unfortunately had to toss it on the floor.
The bath amenities such as shampoo and lotion was surprisingly decent brand I actually used theirs (versus using my own). I felt the bathtub could be maintained better because it was moldy and rusted but the water pressure was fine.
The bed was far too soft, once you sat on it, it sunk down but the sheets were clean. I appreciated the many TV channels the hotel carried and the outlets were easily accessed on the desk for me to plug in my laptop and 2 cell phones.
The next morning I went down to Hardee's for breakfast (which is a few 100 ft away) not realizing there was a breakfast bar. I stopped in afterwards and was impressed with their selection. If you stay here make sure to just grab the complimentary breakfast. Their coffee was amazingly good and had 4 choices of coffee and creamer. When the first time i stepped in to the last person i saw, the hotel staff was super nice and friendly. If you have to stay in Kinston i'd just stay here since I didn't see another hotel around.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank place-name-here
North Carolina
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Check-in person was really welcoming and personable. Excellent breakfast with a wide variety of very good choices. The room was very quiet and the inn is in a great location. We were very pleased; we rate this as one of the better Hamptons we have used.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Whether you are military, a tourist or on vacation, the Kinston Hampton Inn is a high quality, high value, customer oriented stopover. We had driven from the DC area and were too tired to finish our trip to the beaches so checked in late at night. The breakfast buffet has lots of variety and the staff are great.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Salisbury, United States
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I found this hotel by mistake and was too tired to look further. I was extremely surprised when I stepped inside. The place was amazing. Clean and fresh. Friendly and helpful staff. Room was perfect. Air conditioner quiet. Laundry room amazing. I was offered an honors membership which I took advantage of. The best part of finding this amazing place is that there are NO PETS and NO SMOKING in any Hilton properties. I will never stay anywhere else but a Hilton property again. I do travel a lot and have stayed in many places. This experience has renewed my faith in the hotel business. Thanks! Keep up the great work!

Kinston, United States
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Our stay at the Hampton Inn in Kinston, North Carolina was for the purpose of a Family Reunion. The staff was very courteous and kind and we did not experience any problems. From the Front Desk Clerk to the Janitorial Staff, everyone was very accommodating to ensure we had a good stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kinston
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kinston
#1 of 11 in Goldsboro
Best Western Plus Goldsboro
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Goldsboro
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Goldsboro - Base Area

Been to Hampton Inn Kinston? Share your experiences!